Will you outlive your blades?

At my current rate of shaving, which +/- 6 shaves per week, I use a blade a week.

I seem to have just over 1300 blades, so enough for 25 years of shaving at my current rate. I'm 53 so hopefully I'll need to buy a few more, but I reckon that more than a few on here could never get through all their blades....

I also have around 1300-1400 blades from different brands and manufacturers. Some blades usually go for a couple of shaves, like SuperMax, Treet black beauties, and Lord Super Chrome. Other ones can last for 15-25 shaves... GSB, German Wilkinsons, BIC CP. So who knows how many years exactly they are going to last? I hope for at least 20 years (I shave every day usually) :sneaky: Thus, no, I need more blades :devilish:

Approx 500 blades, 380 of which are Astra SP and the rest are a mix of stuff i have played with like Feathers, Derbys, Super Shave X and Wilkinson Sword.

I shave every 24 to 36 hours and tend to let it grow over the weekend if i can. An Astra SP gives me 3 good shaves before i can feel the edge going off. So a blade lasts about a week generally, which means i have nearly 10 years worth.

At my current age of 60 years young, i hope to retain my faculties long enough to get thru these blades and many more.

...........Before i deteriorate to the stage where the people around me take away my razor in the night and replace it with an electric one .... "its for the best ....... " o_O

I have 200 BICS and about 70 odd Astra SP. I was completely sold on Astras till I found BIC CP . I am 37, I definitely need another couple of thousand BICs :)
There’s a lot more to life than Bic ‘s but hey if you like them you like them,
just shows we’re all different.

Last edited:
We're the same age.

I have a few thousand.

It seems I need some more blades.
I could happily buy a thousand now. There are a few that jump to mind instantly that I'd buy in a heartbeat.
I never seem to get to the point where enough is enough. Sometimes I find a big pack or box of blades I'd forgotten I had; some I wish I'd stocked up on more of when it was easier to get them

Back
Top Bottom