Wilkinson Sword Blue Bowl

I bought the dreaded blue bowl when I first started out with DEs, and it very near put me off - virtually no cushioning, and bl**dy hard work to get any lather at all. Luckily I lurked around B&B for a while (before I found this wonderful place, I hasten to add) and saw the palmolive stick mentioned, and haven't looked back since!
The blue bowl got binned after exactly 1 shave with the palmolive stick!

used the blue today for a change , before i read this , cut my self for the 1st time in years , normally use cullmark , or york , will try the cheap stick from Asda though , in fairness to the Wilkinson I thought it lathered not to bad , but didn't seem to help the razor glide across my face as my usual do , got 2 tubs though (twas cheap)

big paul said:
used the blue today for a change , before i read this , cut my self for the 1st time in years , normally use cullmark , or york , will try the cheap stick from Asda though , in fairness to the Wilkinson I thought it lathered not to bad , but didn't seem to help the razor glide across my face as my usual do , got 2 tubs though (twas cheap)

WHY

palm olive is a lot cheaper and way better

Hey, I stopped him from eating it. HA! I showed him with my canteen water how to wash his hands. Im talking a beduion kid not some city dweller. I even threw in a ration box of Fruit Loops! :)

I can never understand why the Wilkinson sword sticks are so hard to find. They are completely different from the bowl in that they are actually very good! (IMO).

I too bought one to get back into DE. It has been supplanted by palmolive stick, which I used 20 years ago. I'll take the tip to bin the soap and keep the bowl, thigh I'm using a 1 pound serial bowl from Tesco to good effect

Morning all, does anyone know why Wilkinson changed from the black bowl to the blue bowl? I always had a good shave with the old stuff, but then they spoiled it!

Me too. I thought I was doing something wrong and it was an artform so went back to canned gel. Maybe that's the point - put people off soaps in favour of foam and gel.

Back
Top Bottom