Wilkinson Sword Blue Bowl

Well, having tried this for the first time about a month ago and finding it to be awful, I thought I would give it another go yesterday just to see if I had been rash in dismissing it initially.
I tried both bowl lathering and face and still found it to be an ultimately unedifying experience - very thin and wishy washy and lots of razor drag even with a new blade.
I think it will be consigned to the bin and I will stick to the palmolive stick and the Body Shop maca root both of which I have found to be excellent.

That's what a lot of people say... I must admit I've never bothered. If 10 people tell me that shit tastes like shit, all I know is that I have no desire whatsoever to taste it... good on you though for making your own mind up.

God only knows how a company based on shaving can produce a product so hated and shunned by shavers globally. I makes me wonder if they ever tested it at all.

I think Wilkinson Sword blue bowl soap, is not good at all, but the strange thing is, howcome its so widely available in all supermarkets and pharmacy and chemists and all that. I bet it puts some people of who says 'I will have a go with shaving soap and brush, instead of shaving gels and foam in the spray cans' then they experience this crap soap and say that was a waste of time and money so i better stick to the shaving gel!

Sezer74 said:
I think Wilkinson Sword blue bowl soap, is not good at all, but the strange thing is, howcome its so widely available in all supermarkets and pharmacy and chemists and all that. I bet it puts some people of who says 'I will have a go with shaving soap and brush, instead of shaving gels and foam in the spray cans' then they experience this crap soap and say that was a waste of time and money so i better stick to the shaving gel!

Gillette's secret weapon in the drive to kill off DE shaving?:icon_razz:

I used it for ages, in between Father's Day presents of BodyShop Maca Root. Mind you, that was with cartridge razors that you can basically use on dry skin!

Binned it, and now loving MWF and Proraso!

MisterG said:
I used it for ages, in between Father's Day presents of BodyShop Maca Root. Mind you, that was with cartridge razors that you can basically use on dry skin!

Binned it, and now loving MWF and Proraso!

? some of us can use straights or de's on dry skin

i kept wilkinsons blue bowl, i used it instead of soap in the bathroom, then the tub was used to turn a stick of palm olive into a bar (with a little tabac mashed in for an experiment)

brian.t said:
Well, having tried this for the first time about a month ago and finding it to be awful, I thought I would give it another go yesterday just to see if I had been rash in dismissing it initially.
I tried both bowl lathering and face and still found it to be an ultimately unedifying experience - very thin and wishy washy and lots of razor drag even with a new blade.
I think it will be consigned to the bin and I will stick to the palmolive stick and the Body Shop maca root both of which I have found to be excellent.

I had the same experience. I hated the stuff.

Was in ASDA today and they were selling the bowls off for £1. I was almost tempted to give it a second try but in the end didn't bother. There are plenty good products available cheaply.

MisterG said:

used it this morning with a straight. Worked just fine, just the scent is not my favorite. Have been using it the last few days as prep lather too. That worked also. So, i do not see why it should be binned, tho i prefer erasmic puck.

I have been using this since I got it with a Wilkie DE razor with Wilkie blades (from Boots). The razor has been assigned to the back of the bathroom cabinet since I got my Merkur HD.....but I use the Wilkie 'blue bowl' content that I have re constituted in a shaving mug. And I thought that I was getting decent shaves!!! How much better could they be if I change soap?

Back
Top Bottom