Wilkinson Sword Blue Bowl

hunnymonster said:
For the 50p it'll cost you in Asda/Tesco (or 75p in a pharmacy) - it's definitely worth a bash. Compared to the WS blue bowl it's like silk against hessian.

You can get Palmolive stick in ASDA?....I've not seen it in my local ASDA. But will check it out tomorrow. Off work so I can let stubble grow a bit and then try a shave with (hopefully) Palmolive and new blade. (Might try the Shark super).

I really don't know what you all are talking about. I comes in a wonder blue bowl container unlike the blue that Vergulde Hand comes in. That Blue hardly stays closed on it's own.
Great container!

Used the soap this morning with an open razor. Had no problems. Nice lather, nice shave.

Got some Palmolive sticks at ASDA (dunno if I got the smallest size or they were on offer cos they were only 49p each). Put a new Derby blade in razor (the Derby is the 'benchmark' blade that a gauge other blades on). Best shave yet. Nice and smooth. Now then.....will I get an even better or quicker lather using a brush other than the Wilkie brush?

Frankieabbott said:
Got some Palmolive sticks at ASDA (dunno if I got the smallest size or they were on offer cos they were only 49p each). Put a new Derby blade in razor (the Derby is the 'benchmark' blade that a gauge other blades on). Best shave yet. Nice and smooth. Now then.....will I get an even better or quicker lather using a brush other than the Wilkie brush?

Palmolive sticks are one size, prices vary , some places sell for 70-79p!! great product.

[/quote]

I thought that until I got the Proraso shave cream. And as for the Mitchell's wool fat - it's a completely different ballgame!

[/quote]

Exactly the set-up I use after a lot of experimentation. Hard water in York so the soap takes a bit of work but well worth it. It really hydrates my skin and the Proraso is a like a facial brain freeze - Fab!

YorkNeil said:
I thought that until I got the Proraso shave cream. And as for the Mitchell's wool fat - it's a completely different ballgame!

Exactly the set-up I use after a lot of experimentation. Hard water in York so the soap takes a bit of work but well worth it. It really hydrates my skin and the Proraso is a like a facial brain freeze - Fab!

The MWF lathers great here in Bradford - mind you, that's where it's made. I'm face lathering it now with my New Forest brush - no problems

Back
Top Bottom