Who's afraid of Virginia Woolfat?

1. Football
2. WWII
3. Health Care
4. Mitchell's Wool Fat

The comprehensive list of topics for an American to never mention to a Briton. :whistle:

:ROFLMAO::LOL:
It's the two-time World War Champion thing isn't it?
I have a simple question regarding MWF storage between shaves. I don't have a fancy schmancy ceramic storage bowl and put my puck/tablet in an empty plastic container just slightly larger than the soap. Regardless, I have been removing the puck to air dry between shaves and yet still have gigantic cracks in the puck which I understand to be normal. Where I live I fear mold as it is so humid here and am reluctant to leave it in the plastic tub steeping in water which I hope doesn't become a septic "stew".

Feedback from the MWF wizards? :unsure:
Let it dry between uses, if you don't use it often. Won't hurt the soap.

MWF 8287 [purchased Summer 2020] - Dud ... absolutely incapable of a stable lather
MWF 8345 [purchased October 2020] - Good
Kent 8419 [purchased September 2020] - Good < confirmed by @NatJag
Kent 8923 [purchased ?] - Unconfimed < purchased by @Gairdner
MWF 9027 [purchased September 2022] - Okay, but not up to usual standard @pjgh (purchased by @exists)
Kent 9029 [purchaed December 2022] - Good < confirmed by @donnie_darko @exists

MWF 8287 [purchased Summer 2020] - Dud ... absolutely incapable of a stable lather
MWF 8345 [purchased October 2020] - Good < confirmed by @jimmyc
Kent 8923 [purchased ?] - Dud < confirmed by @Gairdner
MWF 9027 [purchased September 2022] - Okay, but not up to usual standard @pjgh (purchased by @exists)

Yes, I only bought the fat in Oct 2020 because I was weak and there was a problem with fat mix and wanted to see if it had been sorted and also for more fat goodness as I had used last lot up.
The fat is now a small layer about 5 or so mm of soap on a tub of a multisoap bowl and is still good. Long live the fat.
Ps, it lasts ages because it's not soap with water in it, it's just hard soap. (y)

Kent 9139 [purchased November 2022] - Good < confirmed by @NeilJ

Last edited:
Is that the same as what you sent me? I can't get a lather out of it that lasts more than a stroke, even with a synth and RO water. I thought it was me but seemingly not?
No, all four cakes are the same batch and the one I’ve been trying to lather with boar, 2-band and 2 different synths is dudder than a dud thing from dudville. With much elbow grease, I can get a lather that almost lasts for a pass but it is dissipating with every second that passes. I’m done with Mitchell’s and Fat February.

HWF is good but I don’t think my face likes patchouli or something else in it. I’m having to use 3P cream before and after the shave so I guess that’s a no go too. I’ll hit up some Signature Britannia tomorrow. I don’t take kindly to businesses losing me a quid never mind twenty six. And especially as one was a gift to a friend…grrrrr!

It’s all well and good if you’ve won the Mitchell’s lottery with a good cake but I ain’t gonna take the chance again. Puckin’ brutal, so it is.

Salter, Signature, Proraso and 3P will be my stalwarts going forward. I’ll finish off my excellent Wickham’s Rose soon as there’s a huge ring of death in the tub plus I’ve lots of Spitfire left and loads of sticks. MWF will be but a unpleasant memory soon, the robbing bastards.

MWF 8287 [purchased Summer 2020] - Dud ... absolutely incapable of a stable lather @pjgh (purchased by @NatJag)
Kent 8923 [purchased ?] - Dudder than a dud thing from Dudville < confirmed by @Gairdner
Kent 9139 [purchased November 2022] - Good < confirmed by @NeilJ
MWF 9139 [purchased February 2023 - Shaving Shack] - Drumroll < to be confirmed by @Blademonkey

No, all four cakes are the same batch and the one I’ve been trying to lather with boar, 2-band and 2 different synths is dudder than a dud thing from dudville. With much elbow grease, I can get a lather that almost lasts for a pass but it is dissipating with every second that passes. I’m done with Mitchell’s and Fat February.

HWF is good but I don’t think my face likes patchouli or something else in it. I’m having to use 3P cream before and after the shave so I guess that’s a no go too. I’ll hit up some Signature Britannia tomorrow. I don’t take kindly to businesses losing me a quid never mind twenty six. And especially as one was a gift to a friend…grrrrr!

It’s all well and good if you’ve won the Mitchell’s lottery with a good cake but I ain’t gonna take the chance again. Puckin’ brutal, so it is.

Salter, Signature, Proraso and 3P will be my stalwarts going forward. I’ll finish off my excellent Wickham’s Rose soon as there’s a huge ring of death in the tub plus I’ve lots of Spitfire left and loads of sticks. MWF will be but a unpleasant memory soon, the robbing bastards.
I humbly beg forgiveness, St Mitchell. You have tested me with false cakes but I shall rally and rise again. I have the remnants of a good cake and will rid my pot of the deceiver and sally forth once more tomorrow. The return of the Fat? You read it here, on TSR...

Back
Top Bottom