What's the most luxurious shave soap you've tried?

An interesting question. Luxurious is assumed to mean expensive. I enjoyed Martin de Candre - it's packaging oozed class. I paid at the time around £45 delivered for a 170g jar. Today, I paid £1.96 for 200g of Palmolive soap sticks. Different scents but the quality of the lather is about the same. Having tried a large number and variety of soaps and creams I think there is very little correlation between price and quality of lather.

Institut Karite is a super soap which shaves well and always leaves nicely conditioned skin afterwards. MWF (for me, best mixed with a cream to help slickness) & Tabac are not to be laughed at either - top results every time.

I really must get a jar of this Martin de Candre...

Mark

Roefisher said:
Institut Karite is a super soap which shaves well and always leaves nicely conditioned skin afterwards. MWF (for me, best mixed with a cream to help slickness) & Tabac are not to be laughed at either - top results every time.

I really must get a jar of this Martin de Candre...

Mark

The scent takes some beating ......

Fido said:
An interesting question. Luxurious is assumed to mean expensive. I enjoyed Martin de Candre - it's packaging oozed class. I paid at the time around £45 delivered for a 170g jar. Today, I paid £1.96 for 200g of Palmolive soap sticks. Different scents but the quality of the lather is about the same. Having tried a large number and variety of soaps and creams I think there is very little correlation between price and quality of lather.

I'm still new here but am rapidly finding the same thing. The palmolive sticks produce lather as good as anything I've tried.

If I rotated between Santa Maria Novella and Martin de Candre for the rest of my shaving days, I'd be very pleased. I have more than one of each so in rotation perhaps a couple years or more shave time.

Darren said:
Fido said:

I'm still new here but am rapidly finding the same thing. The palmolive sticks produce lather as good as anything I've tried.

Ditto all of that - particularly as I am one who prefers to apply the fragrance after the shave.

Back
Top Bottom