What's the most luxurious shave soap you've tried?

I think in terms of pure luxury, taking into account the performance, scent and presention, I'd have to go with Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap.

I think the cake I have (in a Penhaligon's Bowl) is the old tallow type.

Ian

I have Penhaligons english fern in a wooden bowl, love it but the lather is not a patch on Aqua Di Parma for me.

I do love Penhaligons though.

Spukey

Hiya,

Here's something I've been wanting to try for a very long time. Supposed to be pretty darn good stuff, although very few vendors stock it. I believe this is made in the UK.

Talk about post shave smugness.........

http://www.royalshave.com/p/423-055-01/xpec-original-shaving-cream.html

Thanks everyone,

I didn't want to jump in and reply earlier in case I interrupted the flow of decadent thoughts!

I'm down in London in a few weeks so hoping I can do a sniff test on a shortlist of:

Castle Forbes (I think Fortnum & Mason still stock the shaving products, but will ring them to check)
DR Harris
Acqua Di Parma (Selfridges or Harrods)
Penhaligons for English Fern (I already own the EDT)

Of course, I might pop into a few other barbershops, too. It's a tough job...:icon_cheesygrin:

Thanks again,

Savvy Paul said:
Castle Forbes (I think Fortnum & Mason still stock the shaving products, but will ring them to check)
DR Harris
Acqua Di Parma (Selfridges or Harrods)
Penhaligons for English Fern (I already own the EDT)
You can go to Fortnum & Mason for all of these - Castle Forbes included!

Hairykopite said:
I cant seem to find anywhere that sells the Santa Maria Novella also anyone know any good online retailers for the aqua di parma

Give them a call here and see if they post:

http://www.piccadilly-arcade.com/health-beauty/santa-maria-novella

I've also got the AdP kit. Lovely smell, beautiful packaging but not a massive fan of the balm. Not quite as good as the SMN.

Blyth Spirit said:
Nothing too flash nor too expensive from me...my favourite is Nanny's Yushu Soap as made for a fundraiser for the Tibet crisis a few years ago.

Glad to see Nannys get a mention. Her lavender hard soap is lurvely - very reminiscent of MdeC but a fraction of the price and made here in Blighty. To me that's a luxury.

It would have to be between the following for me:

- Acqua di Parma (the hard cream in the bowl, not the tube)
- Creed
- Martin de Candre

I'm sorry, I just can't pick one - it's too hard!!!!

Back
Top Bottom