What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

Like the look of these watches. They were reduced to £12.99 in Argos a few weeks ago. I messed around and the price went back up before I got my backside into gear.

Good buy my friend.
I only paid £16.99, which I didn't think was too bad.
Seems to be speculation that the w86 is going out of production so I thought I'd get one while I can. A really nice looking watch.

My F-91W was tied to my diving stab jacket for many years and had no problem with deep sea diving; the tall tales about this watch, I suspect, are true, mine has certainly been incredibly accurate, durable and reliable. Look at any print under a magnifying glass on a boutique automatic watch and campare the print quality to that on your F-91W. Having worked in numerous conflict zones over the years, I noticed that serious special forces types, often had F-91W's on their wrist, whilst regular soldiers usually sported oversized G-Shocks, it is a tool watch par excellence. All of that said, I never warmed to the aesthetic or digital but hugely admire the incredible engineering; the manufacturing set-up was also simply on another level in it's day. The two biggest selling watches in Japan are this and the MQ-24 series (there must be a dozen different face designs). My automatics remain mostly boxed except on those occassions when I want to wear jewellery; most of the time, I just need to easilly tell the time, the F-91W and MQ-24 deliver and I love that they are featherweight, ultra slim and you wear them they do not wear you. For about £10, it's worth giving the F-91W's stable mate a try, but be careful, it may put you off other watches.

Last edited:
Great info, I have read similar things about the 91 from others... Lots of pictures online of various operators with one strapped to their wrist, it's a cool little watch with more pedigree than most. Plan is to use it for work, I've very specific requirements and it seems to fit the bill, previous G-Shocks were close but simply too chunky and thus cumbersome and restricted wrist movement.

I'll check out the MQ series

Even though they were not certified for use, I remember reading somewhere, so salt to taste, that some of the NASA boys, preferred the F-91W and indeed wore them on their space junkets and then swapped them out for the mandatory "sponsored" media shoots.