What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

Exactly my thoughts when I read this the other day. The expression is new to me too, every day's a school day! I do like those retro digis. I remember hankering after one when I was in primary school. Which reminds me, I'm pretty sure someone is producing those red LED watches where you had to push the button to get the time, the predecessor of the LCD, which would be achingly hip now.

Hamilton Pulsar?

EDBF5C0A-2EF3-4529-87EE-E49FF2930469.jpeg

Potd-04-04-23-02.png

My everyday watch for the last ten years - remarkably - not a mark on it. Unlike me. Still on its original battery. I have a couple of rubber Hirsch straps I use with it. It's too big for a NATO band? I have a couple of other watches that are for running and on the hill - apart from that - this is it. - I.

@Paul L - #workwatches

Last edited:
About to have a shave, so 500M of water resistance seems appropriate
Haha yes if you read the watch forums you'd probably find someone saying even that's not enough because the water might be warm or you might wiggle your wrist or plunge it into the sink too fast and the dynamic pressure could be too much. Shave soap will dissolve all but military grade seals, yadda yadda. Shower? Hot tub? Fuhgeddaboutit!
Even my watch geek mate said I was pushing my luck taking a 300m tasted Nite into the hot tub  - 38°C and some chemicals... it survived!
Those DS Supers are rather nice.

it's mainly petroleum oils which effect rubber seals. The ones fitted to watches are certainly detergent proof and a lot of people happily go surface swimming in the sea in watches rated only 50m, even tho in theory they should leak.

If you want peace of mind, 100m rating is all you ever need for swimming, diving and amateur scuba depths.

But hey, some watch enthusiasts do like to imagine their watch is nuke proof, because it has a sooooper depth rating :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom