What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

Like the look of these watches. They were reduced to £12.99 in Argos a few weeks ago. I messed around and the price went back up before I got my backside into gear.

Good buy my friend.
I only paid £16.99, which I didn't think was too bad.
Seems to be speculation that the w86 is going out of production so I thought I'd get one while I can. A really nice looking watch.

My F-91W was tied to my diving stab jacket for many years and had no problem with deep sea diving; the tall tales about this watch, I suspect, are true, mine has certainly been incredibly accurate, durable and reliable. Look at any print under a magnifying glass on a boutique automatic watch and campare the print quality to that on your F-91W. Having worked in numerous conflict zones over the years, I noticed that serious special forces types, often had F-91W's on their wrist, whilst regular soldiers usually sported oversized G-Shocks, it is a tool watch par excellence. All of that said, I never warmed to the aesthetic or digital but hugely admire the incredible engineering; the manufacturing set-up was also simply on another level in it's day. The two biggest selling watches in Japan are this and the MQ-24 series (there must be a dozen different face designs). My automatics remain mostly boxed except on those occassions when I want to wear jewellery; most of the time, I just need to easilly tell the time, the F-91W and MQ-24 deliver and I love that they are featherweight, ultra slim and you wear them they do not wear you. For about £10, it's worth giving the F-91W's stable mate a try, but be careful, it may put you off other watches.
mq-24-7b2_large.jpg

Last edited:
My F-91W was tied to my diving stab jacket for many years and had no problem with deep sea diving; the tall tales about this watch, I suspect, are true, mine has certainly been incredibly accurate, durable and reliable. Look at any print under a magnifying glass on a boutique automatic watch and campare the print quality to that on your F-91W. Having worked in numerous conflict zones over the years, I noticed that serious special forces types, often had F-91W's on their wrist, whilst regular soldiers usually sported oversized G-Shocks, it is a tool watch par excellence. All of that said, I never warmed to the aesthetic or digital but hugely admire the incredible engineering; the manufacturing set-up was also simply on another level in it's day. The two biggest selling watches in Japan are this and the MQ-24 series (there must be a dozen different face designs). My automatics remain mostly boxed except on those occassions when I want to wear jewellery; most of the time, I just need to easilly tell the time, the F-91W and MQ-24 deliver and I love that they are featherweight, ultra slim and you wear them they do not wear you. For about £10, it's worth giving the F-91W's stable mate a try, but be careful, it may put you off other watches.
mq-24-7b2_large.jpg
Great info, I have read similar things about the 91 from others... Lots of pictures online of various operators with one strapped to their wrist, it's a cool little watch with more pedigree than most. Plan is to use it for work, I've very specific requirements and it seems to fit the bill, previous G-Shocks were close but simply too chunky and thus cumbersome and restricted wrist movement.

I'll check out the MQ series (y)

FgiqVouXkAAXG_X.jpeg.jpg

Great info, I have read similar things about the 91 from others... Lots of pictures online of various operators with one strapped to their wrist, it's a cool little watch with more pedigree than most. Plan is to use it for work, I've very specific requirements and it seems to fit the bill, previous G-Shocks were close but simply too chunky and thus cumbersome and restricted wrist movement.

I'll check out the MQ series (y)

View attachment 103892

Even though they were not certified for use, I remember reading somewhere, so salt to taste, that some of the NASA boys, preferred the F-91W and indeed wore them on their space junkets and then swapped them out for the mandatory "sponsored" media shoots.

Back
Top Bottom