What made your day a good one

Good day today. Roast chicken at mum's, my sis was there with the kids, none of whom I've seen for months, we stuffed our faces in a lovely sit down Sunday lunch that we haven't had since Covid started. Played footy with the kids, then randomly a new neighbour turned up to introduce herself armed with homemade chana dahl and poori. Top.
Top, indeed! Roast chicken and a Daal.

They were actually purpose built, they lock into a horses stirrup in front of the heel, and the point was for riding through high grass.

Except that real boots in the Old West were not like that, John Wayne BS Westerns aside. The real ones were a one piece vamp and square or round toed ant not the "cockroach killers" seen today which are made for line dancin' Coca-Cola cowboys.

Except that real boots in the Old West were not like that, John Wayne BS Westerns aside. The real ones were a one piece vamp and square or round toed ant not the "cockroach killers" seen today which are made for line dancin' Coca-Cola cowboys.

The "Old West" began after the Civil War ended, the heyday being 1870's-1890's.

1890's

boot2_large.jpg

tumblr_m88t9mfirr1rstnezo1_1280.jpg

1870's

scan0002 (1).jpg

il_794xN.1878835693_hy9h.jpg

black-cowboys-at-bonham-texas-c-1890-b-w-photo_u-l-pg9o620.jpg

Finally putting a deposit down for a puppy with a legit licensed breeder. So many charlatans who have jumped on the pandemic bandwagon.

A Wire Haired Dachshund incoming.
Awwww ... that really does make a day a good one. Lovely! Do you have a name in mind? What about Scarface, as in "say hello to my little friend!!!" ... upon which you can pick him up and wield him like a rifle! Pew! Pew! :LOL:

say-hello-to-my-little-friend-20.png

Back
Top Bottom