What made your day a good one

More Saturday

Walking by the queues for Chester races I noticed a wallet fall out of some race goer's back pocket (Oddly for me. Not going the races). So I picked it up and duly returned the wallet to the right person.

My wife was a few paces behind and never noticed the event but was rather perturbed by the sight of her ugly 60 year old husband being hugged by a very good looking young total stranger in a suit.

I could wish

Good on you. Last time I found a wallet it had £400 cash and a driving licence in it, lying on the floor in Tesco car park. I checked the licence, realised it was an old guy in the next village, 5 min by car. Knowing how distraught I would be if I lost £400 (never mind applying for a licence while the DVLA are on strike), I drove round to his house and gave it to him (checked pic on licence first). He looked at me suspiciously, said "I suppose you're expecting a bottle of wine?" and shut the door in my face!

If he loses his wallet again I'll keep it, the miserable sod! I'm too honest, but if I'd have known he was going to be such an ungrateful sh!tbag I would have been tempted for one of the £50s to fall out... but my self respect is worth more than £400 to me. Although it would have come in handy...

Good on you. Last time I found a wallet it had £400 cash and a driving licence in it, lying on the floor in Tesco car park. I checked the licence, realised it was an old guy in the next village, 5 min by car. Knowing how distraught I would be if I lost £400 (never mind applying for a licence while the DVLA are on strike), I drove round to his house. He looked at me suspiciously, said "I suppose you're expecting a bottle of wine?" and shiu the door in my face!

If he loses his wallet again I'll keep it, the miserable sod!
Life has a way of giving folks like that what they deserve.

I've never lost my wallet. If I did and it was returned to me by some kind soul, they'd have the contents of the cash section thrust into their hands by way of thanks ... and a bottle of wine.

Good on you. Last time I found a wallet it had £400 cash and a driving licence in it, lying on the floor in Tesco car park. I checked the licence, realised it was an old guy in the next village, 5 min by car. Knowing how distraught I would be if I lost £400 (never mind applying for a licence while the DVLA are on strike), I drove round to his house and gave it to him (checked pic on licence first). He looked at me suspiciously, said "I suppose you're expecting a bottle of wine?" and shut the door in my face!

If he loses his wallet again I'll keep it, the miserable sod! I'm too honest, but if I'd have known he was going to be such an ungrateful sh!tbag I would have been tempted for one of the £50s to fall out... but my self respect is worth more than £400 to me. Although it would have come in handy...

Quite the opposite the last time prior to last Saturday. Must have been a roll of 3k+. The bloke just rolled off a big handful and kindly gave me £140.

Wasn't in to shaving so money not wasted

I know it’s only middle of the day … but my brother came up to me asking about shaving stuff . Well only soap and brush - but that’s a start isn’t it?

Few weeks back he tried shaving with my yaqi and cella croap - since he ran out of canned goo. Today he told me his face felt much better after the shave, compared to using canned goo !

great! Sorted him out with brut aftershave, cella soap and a brush - staring with synthetic and leaving others for him to try - so he can learn which type he prefers.
Offered him other soaps to grab and try - but for now he just wanted to smell like marzipan I guess!

Hopefully he catches the bug and also switches to DE razor at some point! But not gonna try and pressure him - time will tell!

I know it’s only middle of the day … but my brother came up to me asking about shaving stuff . Well only soap and brush - but that’s a start isn’t it?

Few weeks back he tried shaving with my yaqi and cella croap - since he ran out of canned goo. Today he told me his face felt much better after the shave, compared to using canned goo !

great! Sorted him out with brut aftershave, cella soap and a brush - staring with synthetic and leaving others for him to try - so he can learn which type he prefers.
Offered him other soaps to grab and try - but for now he just wanted to smell like marzipan I guess!

Hopefully he catches the bug and also switches to DE razor at some point! But not gonna try and pressure him - time will tell!
Or SE, and vintage!

Fencing Club this evening and successfully migrated my protogee over to pomelling. What-elling? Pomelling! First, using a traditional French grip where most use modern pistol grips and second, holding said epee by the pommel. It's a success story like getting someone into single edge shaving.

Not "what made your day a crap one" but annoying, I snapped one of my epees. Okay that I sold a couple of carbon fibre grips, so already well on the way to paying for a new one.

Pomelling: https://fencersquarterlymagazine.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/action-shots-posting-your-epee/

1632261108219.png

1632261095590.png

In fact, have a video:

Fencer left (Grumier) is the pommeller. Concentrated and always on point. Fencer right (Jorgensen) attempting to overwhelm him and his decision making with speed and messing up distance. Patience from Grumier. Patience and keeping the pressure clamped on.

Well, no offense but if you want to learn how to speak English properly you'll need to emigrate about......oh..,5,600 kms west. :whistle:

;)
earl dibbles jr redneck GIF by Granger Smith

Back
Top Bottom