What made your day a good one

Three new fountain pens, a bottle of ink and some paper and envelopes. Oh! and a Rhodia notebook, just to join the club. I find all this very weird. For me, not the hobby.

1.9mm suits me down to the ground! Really points up my crap handwriting - elegantly, though.

@Bechet You too Carl? I have also been thinking of joining the club after viewing @Darkbulb photo's. Though I am still shocked at the price of the Hobonichi Techo. The Rhodia notebook is more in my price range, though I do like the look of the Calepino notebooks.

The problem is I get through so many, I normally have 5 note pads on the go at once. Maybe a Calepino for my best scribblings wouldn't hurt. ;)

Where is the best place to buy this kind of stationary online?

@Bechet You too Carl? I have also been thinking of joining the club after viewing @Darkbulb photo's. Though I am still shocked at the price of the Hobonichi Techo. The Rhodia notebook is more in my price range, though I do like the look of the Calepino notebooks.

The problem is I get through so many, I normally have 5 note pads on the go at once. Maybe a Calepino for my best scribblings wouldn't hurt. ;)

Where is the best place to buy this kind of stationary online?

About Hobonichi Techo:
Note that there are three "models" of the Techo;
1) In Japanese, starts w/ January
2) In Japanese, starts w/ April, and
3) In English, starts w/ January.

Since four months are already gone in 2016 the Japanese hobo that starts w/ January is on sale at a few places for around $17 (down from $40+). That's what I got and it's a great way to see if you like to Tomoe River paper in the Hobo :)
Sayaka over at KawaiiTokyo on Etsy might still have more for the same price if you're interested. She's great to deal with.

If you like Calepino you might also want to check out BanditApple - four notebooks incl. worldwide shipping for $12 - they're really neat as well

/Enabling over :)

Three new fountain pens, a bottle of ink and some paper and envelopes. Oh! and a Rhodia notebook, just to join the club. I find all this very weird. For me, not the hobby.

1.9mm suits me down to the ground! Really points up my crap handwriting - elegantly, though.

Oooh...what pens? Did you get the Lamy?

Waking up this morning feeling like a million quid after a training session yesterday evening, followed an hour later by a great game of footie....... Pulling off the Save Of The Century, ragging the tendons in my left hand middle and index fingers in the process ...... Injured, grinning and walking off that pitch at time like a feckin boss ...... I'm feeling great and sore today ...... and no bugger can take that save away from me :D

Oooh...what pens? Did you get the Lamy?
Two Lamy pens - a burgundy AL, like a Safari but aluminium and I prefer the colour and weight - and a Joy, black with red trim and a joy to hold and use. Also a Manuscript Italic with a scratchy nib - made smooth with a few short strokes on an emery board. All 1.9mm and I love 'em!

Awaiting needles and syringes and a bottle of Imperial Purple to get sorted.

Two Lamy pens - a burgundy AL, like a Safari but aluminium and I prefer the colour and weight - and a Joy, black with red trim and a joy to hold and use. Also a Manuscript Italic with a scratchy nib - made smooth with a few short strokes on an emery board. All 1.9mm and I love 'em!

Awaiting needles and syringes and a bottle of Imperial Purple to get sorted.

Sounds like an excellent haul.
Curious to hear your take on the imperial purple when you get it

Back
Top Bottom