What made your day a good one

Whatever happens, when I get home, whatever the time, whatever the weather, I go for an hour's walk ... about three miles and I can let it all go. That makes any day good. Cuddling cats, too.

Today is a new day and the sun is shining. It's cold, but the sun is shining. Glorious!

Great attitude!

Ended up downtown again as I had one more errand to run and did a re-do at the outdoor bar.
This time with an Esterbrook pen from the 1940's
5f017576f87d349fb75a5805b25da17c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's it's taken the Pen(etration) Testers a day and a half to get control of my Domain :D

Usually, they'll be in well within and hour and reading out your Domain Admin password out loud. Ha! These guys got Domain Admin equivalence, which is all but the same ... but it took them a day and a half.

Note to SysAdmins - you're only as strong as your weakest link. In my case, a Windows 2003 member server not under my control but on my domain. Note to self - anything on MY domain is under MY control. If it's not, it's NOT on my domain.

The Pen Testers would get in somehow, but it'd take a lot longer. I might set them on again without that server. Now, time to talk to the Network guys about further mitigation.

That's it's taken the Pen(etration) Testers a day and a half to get control of my Domain :D

Usually, they'll be in well within and hour and reading out your Domain Admin password out loud. Ha! These guys got Domain Admin equivalence, which is all but the same ... but it took them a day and a half.

Note to SysAdmins - you're only as strong as your weakest link. In my case, a Windows 2003 member server not under my control but on my domain. Note to self - anything on MY domain is under MY control. If it's not, it's NOT on my domain.

The Pen Testers would get in somehow, but it'd take a lot longer. I might set them on again without that server. Now, time to talk to the Network guys about further mitigation.
Well done. Probably not appreciated by most :p:p

Gosh Paul, got to wonder how useful the proprietary anti virus progs available to us non comp literate users really are. I'm not surprised you're really pleased to defeat a tiger team. Well done you !

JohnnyO. o/

Popped into a Morrisons today to pick up some fish...checking out ahead was a newly spray tanned and highlighted mum resplendent in a bright pink fur collared two piece velour tracksuit. When she bent over to attend to the new born (lying in the bottom of the trolley) I couldn't help but notice she had "Angel" tastefully tramp stamped on her lower back and when I saw her in the car park she was loading bairn and bread into a transit. I've never seen such a perfect vision in pink...footballer's wag perfectly combined with traveller chic, laughed all the way home.

Popped into a Morrisons today to pick up some fish...checking out ahead was a newly spray tanned and highlighted mum resplendent in a bright pink fur collared two piece velour tracksuit. When she bent over to attend to the new born (lying in the bottom of the trolley) I couldn't help but notice she had "Angel" tastefully tramp stamped on her lower back and when I saw her in the car park she was loading bairn and bread into a transit. I've never seen such a perfect vision in pink...footballer's wag perfectly combined with traveller chic, laughed all the way home.

You may have just witnessed the birth of the "Gypster"

Hehehe! Thanks, guys.

Yeah, in computer circles, it's quite an achievement. Today's networks are disparate - there are many admins, many segments, all interconnected and that in itself leads to chinks in the armour. Consolidate and plug the gaps, particularly amongst admins of the same level - domain, network, storage, desktop, virtual desktop - forge a common approach and support each other.

Yeah, I think we won today. I think I won, certainly in my area :D

I await the report with some excitement.

Oh, not long with a new employer, neither ... so a real win for me after what I've put into effect from day one.

Back
Top Bottom