What made your day a crap one??

I'm having two teeth out this afternoon and having harboured a phobia of dentists for years am bricking it. My own dentist is great and I've had a filling with her and got through that OK, but have been referred to an oral surgeon for the extractions. I wish I could fast forward through the next few hours.

I'm having two teeth out this afternoon and having harboured a phobia of dentists for years am bricking it. My own dentist is great and I've had a filling with her and got through that OK, but have been referred to an oral surgeon for the extractions. I wish I could fast forward through the next few hours.
I avoided dentists for a decade after a fresh faced student dentist injected into my artery causing me to fit in the chair and wake up in hospital....Not what you want to hear BUT since I've started going back for regular check ups, the technology and training at all levels has improved so much that I have virtually no fear whatsoever. Maybe a few butterflies.....just ask them to put the telly on. Some even have video games to play while they are working on you...

Wife received a call.
'Hi, this is Kevin from technical support, you have a problem with your microsoft windows and I need to log in and fix it'
'No I don't - this is an old hoax, I suggest you try another profession, I'm not giving you access to my computer or any details'
'I can assure you that you do have a problem with your computer'
'Please don't call again'
Click.
10 minutes later
'Hi This is Kevin from Microsoft'
'I told you not to call again, you are a hoax caller that is a thief trying to con me into giving my details'
This is where it got nasty.
'I am not a hoax, I am a hacker, I have all your details' - he then proceeded to reel off all my wifes and my contact details, and say that he is going to drain our accounts and leave us in the gutter.
Left my wife quite shaken up. These kind of things are commonplace and I am certain he can't touch bank accounts unless you give out specific details but the aggressive nasty nature of this guy is new.
There is some real scum inhabiting this planet.

Bloody hell, that sounds extremely unpleasant. Don't imagine you can file a report and have the police trace that call?

Bloody hell, that sounds extremely unpleasant. Don't imagine you can file a report and have the police trace that call?
I assume these calls are constant 24/7 - not sure the police will do anything other than say block the number. It is harassment and invasion of privacy but like most things in the modern world these things are ignored, especially when the calls are coming from abroad.

For what it's worth pjgh, even back in the 1990s every filling station had cctv lined up on their pumps. The cashiers were instructed not to approach drive offs, just log the point on the cctv record which was then passed on to our Force fraud section. Surprisingly often they did get a result, however it is an indicator as to how dishonest our general society can be.

JohnnyO. o/.

I've sold something on eBay. Value is $325 plus shipping.

Guy had one (1) single transaction feedback. My item had BIN price but also "Best Offer" option.
He submits his best offer, I think it was around $270, I reject it.
He comes back saying "What is your best price?"

I say to him something like "...I can do better but you have no real purchase history and this is an item/accessory for people who know how to appreciate fine instruments. The feedback score we all carry and the number of transactions we have conducted serves as a protection for both buyer and seller. I can do a good price but at this stage I would perhaps refrain from offering a discounted price."

Next day he purchases my item. $325 + $15 shipping.
My feedback score stands at 109 (100% +ve) since 2009 and I have been scammed once (with an AoS stand, brush, razor set which I sold - and it hurt.)

I have done everything I could in this listing to declare that there are no returns, to indicate that everything I sell is fully functional/operational and 100% genuine.

But I was not aware that you can exclude buyers with low feedback score or number of transactions.
So I went ahead and sent this guy his item. His surname is Korean/Chinese.

Eight (8) calendar days later he comes back saying "...Item is not here, can you please provide tracking number".
Tracking number had been updated on eBay and also in PayPal, and PM had been sent to him right after the package shipped.
So it means he either does not bother to read the PMs he receives on eBay or does not care to check the updates he receives from PayPal abt his shipped item.

Today he comes back saying "...The item is beautiful but I am disappointed that you hide from your listing the fact that the screw-in/screw-out mechanism was left loose and the item does not function..."

The item is a fountain pen and the rotating part of the body (used for filling the pen) was indeed left half screwed/half unscrewed by me, but that was because prior to shipping I washed the pen and left it like that to dry as much as possible.

Now let's see what he will come back with. This is under development. In any case, such things I want to avoid on eBay and despite the fact that I understand the risk, sometimes I still just can't accept how some people react or communicate.

The thought of just how tenuous, just how thin the veneer of civilised society is. Today, I saw a people drive up the outside of traffic to slip in at the front, ignore traffic lights almost running over people on the crossing, I saw someone get punched outside a shop and possibly robbed, and just now filling up Mrs car with petrol, the car next to me has the nozzle inside the car filling up 8 or 10 large cans and then drove off, throwing the nozzle out of the window and shouting "C*nt" at me.

It's the Wild West. I kid you not ... it's happened.
Time to introduce fencing to these bafoons!

Jeez the highs and lows of life. Really happy with my new shavemac this morning. Then my mam txts me, one of our barmaids (family pub) passed away this morning. Been battling cancer last 5 years or so. Only 41.

It was on the cards for some time but boy did she face it with great dignity and indefatigability.

I avoided dentists for a decade after a fresh faced student dentist injected into my artery causing me to fit in the chair and wake up in hospital....Not what you want to hear BUT since I've started going back for regular check ups, the technology and training at all levels has improved so much that I have virtually no fear whatsoever. Maybe a few butterflies.....just ask them to put the telly on. Some even have video games to play while they are working on you...

Happily, the fear was much worse than the actual experience. Both the surgeon and the nurse were very reassuring and apart from some pulling and tugging I didn't feel anything. I just need to find something suitably squishy for tea now. :)

Guy had one (1) single transaction feedback. My item had BIN price but also "Best Offer" option.

I say to him something like "...I can do better but you have no real purchase history and this is an item/accessory for people who know how to appreciate fine instruments. The feedback score we all carry and the number of transactions we have conducted serves as a protection for both buyer and seller. I can do a good price but at this stage I would perhaps refrain from offering a discounted price."

My feedback score stands at 109 (100% +ve) since 2009 and I have been scammed once (with an AoS stand, brush, razor set which I sold - and it hurt.)

I have done everything I could in this listing to declare that there are no returns, to indicate that everything I sell is fully functional/operational and 100% genuine.

But I was not aware that you can exclude buyers with low feedback score or number of transactions.

Eight (8) calendar days later he comes back saying "...Item is not here, can you please provide tracking number".
Tracking number had been updated on eBay and also in PayPal, and PM had been sent to him right after the package shipped.
So it means he either does not bother to read the PMs he receives on eBay or does not care to check the updates he receives from PayPal abt his shipped item.

Today he comes back saying "...The item is beautiful but I am disappointed that you hide from your listing the fact that the screw-in/screw-out mechanism was left loose and the item does not function..."

The item is a fountain pen and the rotating part of the body (used for filling the pen) was indeed left half screwed/half unscrewed by me, but that was because prior to shipping I washed the pen and left it like that to dry as much as possible.

Now let's see what he will come back with. This is under development. In any case, such things I want to avoid on eBay and despite the fact that I understand the risk, sometimes I still just can't accept how some people react or communicate.
Hopefully that will be the end of it.
Unfortunately, if he complains to eBay, they will almost always take the buyers side, regardless of your feedback and how accurate your description.

Very frustrating!

Likewise, 100% positive for a good decade until I sold something recently to a Spanish fellow, listed as "in acceptable condition" to which he left negative feedback as "not in perfect condition". Well, duh! It's 80 years old, several photographs showing every angle and describes as being "acceptable". Grrr!

Back
Top Bottom