What made your day a crap one??

My entire flat pack kitchen arriving Saturday afternoon, including sink taps induction hob and intergrated washing machine unit, spent most of yesterday and today putting flat packs together ready for the full installation next week that's what I would call a total shit weekend.

Sports direct

I bought a pair of Puma King indoor football boots for my Sunday indoor game. Sixty quid. I don't mind paying that much as my indoor boots last me years, they never seem to wear out and only touch concrete from the car to the court.

The last game I played indoors before rupturing my MCL, I tried them out. They lasted 15 minutes before the soles came loose on both trainers.

Took them back to sports direct – they said ‘there's nothing wrong with them'

I pointed out the soles coming away and they said, ‘(that's) normal'

I've never been so close to hitting someone with a shoe before….. They have refused a refund or an exchange ! Abysmal customer service and an incredibly poor quality product.

The sales staff at Sports Direct are trained by dickheads with no knowledge at all of the finer points of retail law. I bought a pair of jeans from them a while back and, being in a rush, just grabbed my size off the rail. I'm a 34 waist ..... When I put them on at home, they were miles too big; in fact, I measured them out to 38".

I went back the next day, with my tape measure this time and found that there wasn't a single pair on the shelf that would have fit me. I'm a fussy git when it comes to clothes and I didn't like anything else they had on the rack, so asked for a refund .... only to be told "It's not company policy to give refunds ..... only exchanges or credit notes". I had to educate their floor supervisor on why their jeans were neither fit for purpose (unwearable), nor as advertised (not a 34" waist) and so, by their very nature were not free from defect ...... Either one of three instances were grounds for return under the sale of goods act.

I did get a bit snappy when she told me they'd offer a refund as an 'act of good will' ..... Telling her that they'll refund me because consumer law says they will. I feel sorry for a few of their staff ..... They're only as good as the retail training they're given.

The sales staff at Sports Direct are trained by dickheads with no knowledge at all of the finer points of retail law. I bought a pair of jeans from them a while back and, being in a rush, just grabbed my size off the rail. I'm a 34 waist ..... When I put them on at home, they were miles too big; in fact, I measured them out to 38".

I went back the next day, with my tape measure this time and found that there wasn't a single pair on the shelf that would have fit me. I'm a fussy git when it comes to clothes and I didn't like anything else they had on the rack, so asked for a refund .... only to be told "It's not company policy to give refunds ..... only exchanges or credit notes". I had to educate their floor supervisor on why their jeans were neither fit for purpose (unwearable), nor as advertised (not a 34" waist) and so, by their very nature were not free from defect ...... Either one of three instances were grounds for return under the sale of goods act.

I did get a bit snappy when she told me they'd offer a refund as an 'act of good will' ..... Telling her that they'll refund me because consumer law says they will. I feel sorry for a few of their staff ..... They're only as good as the retail training they're given.
They are obviously told not to accept goods back if possible, however when presented with a pair of trainers that look brand new but have soles flapping - I was incredulous at the fact they maintained there was nothing untoward with them. It was akin to a comedy sketch. They have now given me a freepost address to send them for inspection at the head office !

Sports direct

I bought a pair of Puma King indoor football boots for my Sunday indoor game. Sixty quid. I don't mind paying that much as my indoor boots last me years, they never seem to wear out and only touch concrete from the car to the court.

The last game I played indoors before rupturing my MCL, I tried them out. They lasted 15 minutes before the soles came loose on both trainers.

Took them back to sports direct – they said ‘there's nothing wrong with them'

I pointed out the soles coming away and they said, ‘(that's) normal'

I've never been so close to hitting someone with a shoe before….. They have refused a refund or an exchange ! Abysmal customer service and an incredibly poor quality product.

Shower of w**nkers.. seems like the quality of Puma kings has gone right down..they were "the" boots when I was a kid along with Copas/World Cups. Still utterly inexcusable customer service... no way that should be happening with your boots.. I have had run ins with Sports Direct before when I have been back in the UK.. sorry to hear you are another unfortunate victim of their (and Fat Mike Ashley's ) ineptitude.

Shower of w**nkers.. seems like the quality of Puma kings has gone right down..they were "the" boots when I was a kid along with Copas/World Cups. Still utterly inexcusable customer service... no way that should be happening with your boots.. I have had run ins with Sports Direct before when I have been back in the UK.. sorry to hear you are another unfortunate victim of their (and Fat Mike Ashley's ) ineptitude.
My grass boots are Kings and my Astros are Kings - both with no problems whatsoever and a seasons service under their belt - hence why I know this pair was defective - not like I broke them forcing my feet in etc...

On the same note, I got a pair of the Nike Mercurials a few weeks back and, apart from the bloody great 'CR7' on the heel, they're an absolutely spot on pair of boots.
I find Nikes to be too narrow fitting for my foot shape. I'm not exactly duck footed either. Bring back the Diadora Baggios I say - great boots !

Apologies to the non football players - I seem to have derailed the thread a little.

I find Nikes to be too narrow fitting for my foot shape. I'm not exactly duck footed either. Bring back the Diadora Baggios I say - great boots !

Apologies to the non football players - I seem to have derailed the thread a little.
Maybe we should start a football boot appreciation thread! Diadoras and Lotto Stadio 90 boots were pretty amazing IMHO. Anyway good luck getting your boots sorted from Sports direct. Hopefully they will see sense and realise they are clearly defective... cheers.

Worried over this PIP assessment I have on Friday as DLA being phased out. Just have to remain as calm as I can but still not easy. Need that positive mental attitude!

Back
Top Bottom