What made your day a crap one??

Happily, the fear was much worse than the actual experience. Both the surgeon and the nurse were very reassuring and apart from some pulling and tugging I didn't feel anything. I just need to find something suitably squishy for tea now. :)
Hey Chris
Didnt want to post this before you went. Just before Christmas I had a tooth extraction by a very young dentist. He hit the nerve along jaw and struggled to get the tooth out. Eventually after it snapped he left it in place and sent me on my way saying he would refer me to the dental hospital.
I was in agony for a week or so before getting an emergency appointment on Christmas eve at a dentist recommendeed by a friend. It took the guy a few minutes to remove the tooth.

I suffered what the hospital are sure is a permanent nerve damage resulting in my lower lip being completely numb from the first guy I seen.

Glad you came through ok and that you have a dentist you can trust.

Jim

That sounds awful! :( Happily my dentist is an older lady so she's been doing it for a while, but even so she referred me to an oral surgeon to do the extractions. Luckily, she was also an older lady with plenty of experience so it all went well. Some of the sounds were a bit disturbing and one of the teeth came out in bits, but it was fine.

You're not the first person I've heard say that they've had a nightmare with a young dentist.

To be fair, I was extremely drunk.

It was when I was a student. Went out, got drunk, came back to my room in Halls to get changed to go clubbing. Accidently squirted oil in one eye, took out the lens and still went out with one lens in and a red eye.
The standard student look :)

Happily, the fear was much worse than the actual experience. Both the surgeon and the nurse were very reassuring and apart from some pulling and tugging I didn't feel anything. I just need to find something suitably squishy for tea now. :)
I spoke too soon - two fillings - one either side and the anaesthetic only worked on one side ! Shaking like a leaf and very, very sore now. Also they said my mouth and/or face may go numb any time in the next two days if the anaesthetic finally kicks in ! At least that's it for another year or so....

Soup for tea.

I spoke too soon - two fillings - one either side and the anaesthetic only worked on one side ! Shaking like a leaf and very, very sore now. Also they said my mouth and/or face may go numb any time in the next two days if the anaesthetic finally kicks in ! At least that's it for another year or so....

Soup for tea.

That sucks. :( I seem to have a gyppy nerve on one side, it took three different anaesthetics to numb that one, plus a second dose of the strongest one. It worked in the end, but it was a couple of injections per round, so my gum was like a pincushion by the end. I only felt the first couple though. Happily, she was only going to start in on it once it was fully numb.

That sucks. :( I seem to have a gyppy nerve on one side, it took three different anaesthetics to numb that one, plus a second dose of the strongest one. It worked in the end, but it was a couple of injections per round, so my gum was like a pincushion by the end. I only felt the first couple though. Happily, she was only going to start in on it once it was fully numb.
Feel like I've done a few rounds with Mike Tyson today - at least it's done for another few years. I'm surprised some genius hasn't invented a decay busting formula gel that seeks out and fills cavities without the medieval act of drilling out and stuffing amalgam into teeth !

Back
Top Bottom