What is the Worst Brush you ever used?

Damn it! Not only did I miss out on a diamond in the rough, but I was also mugged off for an extra 50p... I paid around £2 for mine!
Ah, you see Bestshave had the No. 6 with a plastic box and without, so the unboxed ones were going for 1.50.
I think I will give mine the honour tomorrow letting it attack a bit of Cella, it's actually rather good and here in the Gloucester area you can pick them in some of the Turkish shops for a couple of quids.

Ah, you see Bestshave had the No. 6 with a plastic box and without, so the unboxed ones were going for 1.50.
I think I will give mine the honour tomorrow letting it attack a bit of Cella, it's actually rather good and here in the Gloucester area you can pick them in some of the Turkish shops for a couple of quids.

If it had have worked for me then value for money would've been off the scale. I just couldn't get past the prickliness!

You recognise that as warped thinking or story-telling, don't you, Graeme? Go take your pills.
I think Queen is the only sex derived job title left - apart from King, obviously. Worker's titles must be non-sexist and the nobility are still sexist.
Totally wrong Carl. You can be a male queen - obviously - and as far as non-sexist is concerned, what about the queen bee?

Mmmm... let me see... Some brushes I remember:

- Semogue 830: the most lather-hunger thing I have ever used... Almost imposible for me to get enough lather for more of two passes (and the second one poorly). I tried everything to improve it but finally it became a fluffly thing not suitable for soaps (even the soft ones), started to loose hairs (10-15 per use) and finally I threw it to the rubbish...

- Taylor of Bond Street Silvertip Rooney type small: another fluffy thing, too soft even for facelathering... Luxury doesn't mean that for me!

- TGN Finest artisan brushes: I tried two (22-24 mm. knots). Maybe I had bad luck but I found them simply too firm&pricky, not confortable for facelathering even after some weeks of break-in... And they didn't lather well also...

- Muhle Synthetic: I think it was one from the first batches, small size (21 mm.). Too firm for my liking, I exchanged it for a soap...

- Vie&Long horse brushes: I have tried SEVEN different horse brushes: white and bleached ones tended to be entagled, brown ones were too firm&pricky... I spoke with a person from the factory about those issues and he told me that horse brushes were designed for lathering using "painting" movements, not circular ones, so the problem was mine... no comments! (p.d.: I finally found a decent horse brush with no big issues for facelathering: 14095M. I strongly recommend it even considering its ugly handle)

Cheers

Mmmm... let me see... Some brushes I remember:

- Semogue 830: the most lather-hunger thing I have ever used... Almost imposible for me to get enough lather for more of two passes (and the second one poorly). I tried everything to improve it but finally it became a fluffly thing not suitable for soaps (even the soft ones), started to loose hairs (10-15 per use) and finally I threw it to the rubbish...
- Vie&Long horse brushes: I have tried SEVEN different horse brushes: white and bleached ones tended to be entagled, brown ones were too firm&pricky... I spoke with a person from the factory about those issues and he told me that horse brushes were designed for lathering using "painting" movements, not circular ones, so the problem was mine... no comments! (p.d.: I finally found a decent horse brush with no big issues for facelathering: 14095M. I strongly recommend it even considering its ugly handle)

Cheers
Exactly my findings for the Semogue 830, although not lost any hairs or hit the bin yet.

I've only one horse hair brush (Vie-Long 13061M, natural brown) which is one of my top brushes. It's a tiny bit tickly for face lathering but I kind of like that.

Back
Top Bottom