What is the best cartridge/disposable razor system of all time?

Thank you hotmetal, much appreciated, Gacelito went to a lot of effort and was a shame, that many people may not have fully understood his comments.
Kind regards, whitesix

Thanks for posting this informative post, I learned a good deal especially about Dorco who are one of my favourite DE blade makers. I was surprised that disposable razors featured so strongly on their website, now I understand.

Last edited:
Have just learnt something new, never previously aware of the right click translation trick; still unsure why it was originally posted in Spanish; thanks again to Gacelito's contribution and hotmetal's translation.

Last edited:
Only one I own is the trac ll., Prefer the two blade cartridge razors.
Hello Technika are there different models of Trac II and if so which one would you recommend (ie my favourite is the Gillette Sensor, but I would not recommend the later issued Sensor Ecel) and are the blades still available?

Hello Technika are there different models of Trac II and if so which one would you recommend (ie my favourite is the Gillette Sensor, but I would not recommend the later issued Sensor Ecel) and are the blades still available?
Hi
I believe there are two versions a fixed head, which I have, and a pivoting head, and they take the same blades. You can get the blades on eBay and Amazon.

The Trac II (Gillette GII in the UK) is fixed head. The pivot head model that followed is the Gillette Contour (UK) or Atra (US). The Personna Pivot Plus blade fits both handles and can be imported to the UK from EBay; possibly also available on Amazon.

Thanks for clearing that up Geofnay, great information; any preference? Also any difference between the Gillette GII and the Gillette GII Plus? I believe the Plus may be the addition of the lubrication strip.

Last edited: