What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up another smallish NIB brush for $14 shipped.
I like the handle shape quite a bit. Will see how it performs....
20jl6kn.jpg

Bought a vintage NIB, English Leather shaving soap.
I read some positive reviews online and according to the seller it still has a great scent to it.

2m3mjop.jpg

x21lad.jpg
When I see English Leather it always reminds me getting the belt at School...I have vivid memories of the "Made in England" stamp on the Leather Belt as it slammed into my hand....I got it just about every day for the first 3 yrs of secondary school...I made them work for a living those Twat Teachers....:D

Billy

When I see English Leather it always reminds me getting the belt at School...I have vivid memories of the "Made in England" stamp on the Leather Belt as it slammed into my hand....I got it just about every day for the first 3 yrs of secondary school...I made them work for a living those Twat Teachers....:D

Billy

Thanks, this will truly add another dimension of enjoyment as I use it :D

Billy
Real belts were made in Lochgelly in Fife. You must have had a southern substitute teacher!

A great example of 'it never hurts to try': I made an offer below 50% of the BIN price and the seller kindly agreed...and, as a result of that I have my second silverplated shaving mug by Pairpoint on its way to me - and personally I think this one looks even better.

I need to do some research on this model but I think it might be close to 1902 when my other one was made

The soon to be arriving one:

9vh8pj.jpg

oua43k.jpg

o52auc.jpg

xp7eyr.jpg

Last edited:
Hm, the combination of it being a lazy Sunday and staying in bed/on couch today due to a bad foot is slowly putting me in the poor house...
Ended up winning 0ne more auction but that's it for today!
(Well, that and the fact that there isn't anything ending for a few days that I'm interested in.....).

Anywho.... won these three Gillette Atra handles that I think are rather neat.
The seller was open about that they were mechanically very sound but need a good cleaning - something I have no problem with.

35colnc.jpg

All are marked "Gillette" and they all seem to have an Atra head)

Please correct me where I am wrong/missing info below:

Handle 1: (closest to the camera):
Date code: X3
Vintage Contour handle - or Contour Plus?
Does X3 in this case mean 1977 or 2000?

Handle 2: (middle)
Date code: D4
No idea what the handle is
Does D3 here mean 1980 or 2000?

Handle 3: (Furthest away)
Date code: Y4
I think this is a wooden Elite handle.
Does Y4 here mean 1978 or 2000?

Better angle of the first razor - the Contour/Contour Plus?
m73mac.jpg

Last edited:
A great example of 'it never hurts to try': I made an offer below 50% of the BIN price and the seller kindly agreed...and, as a result of that I have my second silverplated shaving mug by Pairpoint on its way to me - and personally I think this one looks even better.

I need to do some research on this model but I think it might be close to 1902 when my other one was made

o52auc.jpg

xp7eyr.jpg

Nice one DB,

I remember you finding the first one a while back during the post loss period. I believe you are using those for your helper monkey spittoons, isn't that right?

Nice one DB,

I remember you finding the first one a while back during the post loss period. I believe you are using those for your helper monkey spittoons, isn't that right?

I'd say it's about a 30-70 split. The helper monkeys (HMs) are only allowed to use one out of the, now, three silver plated mugs.
Every morning I try to remember which one that is.

Have been staying off the auctions for a bit after a splurge but put a small bid in for an Old Type OC in it's original case and woke up today to the good news that I'd won it for around £8 including P&P

$_12.JPG

A bit grubby but if the price is right....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom