What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite sure how, but fourty dollars later I find that I am waiting on this thing to arrive:
14uwd2u.jpg

Schick Type G 2 with 14 Karat Gold Solid Handle...:icon_rolleyes:
mmm_zpsukixar7b.jpg
[/URL][/img]

I snagged this from Flea-Bay tonight...This is a Schick Type G 2 with a 14 Karat Gold Solid Handle.....These are somewhat rare especially in this condition....I told myself that I wasn't going to purchase any more razors unless it was something special.....Well, the Schick G 2 is quite Special, because they don't often come up for grabs......
These are a different build quality from the Gold Plated Hollow Handled Christmas Edition Type G 3.....The one here has a Weighted Solid Handle....I messed up with this one as I had the chance to Snag this as a buy it now and I stuck a bid on it which cancels the buy it now option.....I thought it was the more common Type G 3 Xmas Edition model....:mad:.

Well, what can I say, it was always meant to come my way anyway.......Good Karma....... :icon_razz:

Billy

Miles853 said:
Beautiful Catch Billy. Never seen the gold one before.
Yeah, thanks, I have never seen one of these up for grabs before.....They were a Type G 2 1946 Christmas Special Edition Model.....Quite rare, as they were only made for that particular season....I do believe that this one opens as well....

There was another Christmas Edition Type G 3 Model that came out the following year I think it was, but it was a lot cheaper made with a hollow handle.....These are quite rare as well, but they come up more often for some reason......
I've got the Posh One..... :icon_razz:

Billy

Attachments

• jjjj.jpg
    jjjj.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 24
From one of my favourite vendors, Gifts & Care:

Feather Professional Light
Kai Captain Sharp
Haslinger Coconut
Le Père Lucien Rose de Pushkar
Le Père Lucien Nature

Plus La Savonnière du Moulin through a split.

I need to buy some injector blades at some point. Next 'big' planned purchases include a GEM Micromatic Flying Wing and a custom brush commission with a synthetic knot, but they can wait.

Last edited:
Nice haul.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the Kai Sharps.
I have only tried the Kai Milds and they are pretty good.

What will you use them in?

Nice haul.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the Kai Sharps.
I have only tried the Kai Milds and they are pretty good.

What will you use them in?
I was almost down to a bit of MdC, Palmolive, and some random samples I'm using up so a quick soap splurge was in order! I will report back on the Kai Sharps after use in the Feather Artist Club and Mongoose (if compatible). The Lights are obviously for the Feather AC.

I was almost down to a bit of MdC, Palmolive, and some random samples I'm using up so a quick soap splurge was in order! I will report back on the Kai Sharps after use in the Feather Artist Club and Mongoose (if compatible). The Lights are obviously for the Feather AC.
I found the lights work really well in the FAC.

Waiting for the third one down. Juergen Hempel Titanium 15mm x 87.

handles.jpg

The standard Mongoose handle, although a good-looking piece of work, was, I found just too heavy. Substituting a 'bamboo' handle I had spare made the whole thing feel much better by cutting the weight by about 25% so I decided to splash out on a Hempel Ti.

Mass of the handle should be about 60g.

Waiting on a Jurgen Hempel Ti "blue wave" handle. But I got my 2nd Epsilon brush today. I went with the 27mm/50mm white handle this time. Loft is a surprisingly accurate 50mm (my last Epsilon with engraved handle was 52mm).
Beautiful dense knot with white silky-soft tips. Same horrendous sickening funk stench though. :D
This one is staying new in the box until I need it.

Took me a while to realise why there was a gap in the posts - then I remembered. Anyway, I decide to splash out on a Thater 26mm 2 band finest. I could only get the fan shape but as I've not tried one before it will make a contrast - and from what I've read, Thater have great write-ups.

Took me a while to realise why there was a gap in the posts - then I remembered. Anyway, I decide to splash out on a Thater 26mm 2 band finest. I could only get the fan shape but as I've not tried one before it will make a contrast - and from what I've read, Thater have great write-ups.

When I won the Shavemac in last month's raffle, I got a 'Fan' profile brush because I had found that bulbs poked my face too hard in the centre of the knot. The fan profile really works well and, for me, is smoother in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom