What are you eating tonight?

Just popped the beef into the fridge with bay leaves and covered with wine for Beef Bourguignon tomorrow. We usually keep it very simply with mashed potatoes (loadsa cream!) and green beans.

ABLVV8625LTOdswuslKJlTFku16Dng2RF0s7QDp79FHMx4msHQZAW8MEk0jMl0m0TN_n_CraR_wSDW9hilcHxtW7v2fyK0hvQoFHUuliTIKqeROXf4CtZ9y9YcWUVeyZsRpV0mJQ_ZiSrbPl6nOmXNnRbnnI5g=w800

On the home-straight now having just "crowned" the Bourguignon with a fresh helping of shallots, garlic and mushrooms for the final hour.

Well I had this for lunch and will probably have another for supper. I didn't feal like doing lots of veggies, so in a barm. The cooking instructions for my Lamb shoulder were either over cautious or my oven time or temperature needs to he adjusted next time so that it is more medium than well done. Delicious all the same. Although it was off putting having little baby lambs bouncing up and down outside my kitchen window...

20240317_141018.jpg

Last edited:
Potd-01.png

Potd-02.png

The advantages of living in Scotland's most culturally diverse postcode - beautiful fresh merguez sausages - lamb in this case - that cost less than a supermarket charges for 'lips and hooves' links. I stewed them in a tomato sauce with garlic, fresh ginger, dried basil, lemon juice and tabil. I'd never used tabil before - never even heard of it - my other half has been working with a Tunisian family and they kindly passed some on to try - apparently it's the taste of home. It's a bit like ras el hanout but has a much greater chilli kick to it. Typically it contains - coriander seed, caraway seed, garlic powder, red chilli powder, rose flower powder, cumin, mint and cloves. I'll serve it with boiled rice and garnish with chopped boiled eggs and a final squeeze of lemon juice. I'm hungry writing this. - cheers - I.

View attachment 118435

View attachment 118436

The advantages of living in Scotland's most culturally diverse postcode - beautiful fresh merguez sausages - lamb in this case - that cost less than a supermarket charges for 'lips and hooves' links. I stewed them in a tomato sauce with garlic, fresh ginger, dried basil, lemon juice and tabil. I'd never used tabil before - never even heard of it - my other half has been working with a Tunisian family and they kindly passed some on to try - apparently it's the taste of home. It's a bit like ras el hanout but has a much greater chilli kick to it. Typically it contains - coriander seed, caraway seed, garlic powder, red chilli powder, rose flower powder, cumin, mint and cloves. I'll serve it with boiled rice and garnish with chopped boiled eggs and a final squeeze of lemon juice. I'm hungry writing this. - cheers - I.
Outstanding, Iain!! Making me hungry, too!

Back
Top Bottom