What are you eating tonight?

2 rashers of bacon in a bagel. Although to be fair I did have more of a lunch today, minced lamb stew made with carrots, potatoes, onions, apricots, baharat, chilli flakes, stock etc. Natural yogurt and fresh mint on top. Done in a shallow cast iron casserole thingy, like Le Creuset minus the comedy price.

Sat 3rd June

Rabbit Casserole , Potato au Gratin, Carrots, Brussels Sprouts.
Not had this for an age, as has not been available locally for some time. Must stock up as local Farm Shop has again got a supply.

A294FD45-E5FC-4165-8052-9918628EFB7C.jpeg

Air fryer isn't fried, and anything put in one comes out amazing!

I thought it was a fryer that didn’t use oil. Thanks for the clarification.

Any brands/models of air fryers that have a good reputation?

Not sure what features would be desirable? I’m guessing a big basket would be one of them.

Do the clean up easy?

I thought it was a fryer that didn’t use oil. Thanks for the clarification.

Any brands/models of air fryers that have a good reputation?

Not sure what features would be desirable? I’m guessing a big basket would be one of them.

Do the clean up easy?
Yeah they clean up really easy, but for the pork belly I wrap around the meat part with tin foil leaving the crackling part uncovered. This helps do 2 things, keeps the meat part covered so remains juicy and collects the large amount of fat for easy cleaning. For most other things I just use a small bit of baking paper in the bottom.
As for brands, mine is from Argos so no fancy name,mines an "Instant" but it's a 5.7 litre with an oblong basket, I find the oblong baskets better than the round ones especially for cooking whole chickens, slabs of pork belly etc. Has various functions, air fryer, roasts, bakes, grills etc

Last edited:
We have the "InstaPot" version and an air fryer oven, both are amazing. I have a history of heart issues and this method allows me to have "fried" foods without using oil, and the fat drippings collect in the pot or drip tray below the food being cooked. The flavor and texture of meat surprised me, I'll never be without one now. Cleanup is easy.

We have the "InstaPot" version and an air fryer oven, both are amazing. I have a history of heart issues and this method allows me to have "fried" foods without using oil, and the fat drippings collect in the pot or drip tray below the food being cooked. The flavor and texture of meat surprised me, I'll never be without one now. Cleanup is easy.
Yeah they are awesome bits of kit, I only use a small bit of baking paper under the drip tray for less washing up. The drip tray cleans in seconds. I do like my Weber master touch charcoal BBQ though and that's had tons of usage the last month in this awesome weather we've been having in Wales the last 4 weeks. I can't even remember the last bit of rain we've had. My lawns are turning brown already and it's only June

Back
Top Bottom