What are you eating tonight?

Just finished making csalamádé, Hungarian pickled mixed vegatables.
Was given a jar a few weeks ago thought it was very good so decided to make my own.
If it turns out anything like the jar I was given I will be a happy man.

Just tried the csalamádé and red cabbage saurkraut I made months ago. Absolutely fantastic, much better than shop bought.
Going to plan to make a batch regularly as to have some in the fridge constantly, as when they were a bit young the flavour was a bit sharp but has mellowed out beautifully. (y) :) I am a happy man.

Ok being from the USA I wasn’t familiar with that.

Had to google it.

Wish I could find them around here. I’d give them a try.
Potd-12-05-23.png

Absolutely correct - a Forfar bridie from Forfar. They are normally made with puff pastry but according to the woman in the shop the real thing has to be shortcrust apparently. Usually minced beef - sometimes onion - and spices as the filling. Delicious. Given the strong Scottish heritage in the States - someone must make them somewhere surely? - I.

One thing I need to do is start going to more bakery’s.

Seems like most of the one’s I’ve been to just have breads, desserts and pizza bread.

I’ll have to do some looking around for one that sells meat pies.

Where I live there isn’t much of a UK food scene. Besides a few Irish pubs.

Looking at the food pics that you guys post here really makes me want to try some of this stuff.

I bought two Tomahawk steaks. However, they are far too big to cook as steaks. So they became a Roast Sirloin.
Tonight and tomorrow will be roast beef buns...

Screenshot_20230514-043818_Instagram.jpg20230516_211903.jpg20230519_231621.jpg

Back
Top Bottom