TSR Custom Brush

antdad said:
Nice picture PC, are you sitting on the fence with this one even after the vasectomy?

:lol:

I really liked the brush. I'd be quite happy to own it as I have two boars and feel like going back to badger (albeit hybrid) again, especially for creams. Love the handle, nicer than expected, much nicer than acrylic. A nice souvenir of TSR as well. I shall certainly be placing an order and think Hando's doing a good job.

Hando already knows what I think about this brush, I'm absolutely not trying to demean his effort but I think this brush can easily be improved.

Let's see if the Semogue 2010 L.E turns out to be a mixed hair brush, Bruno's survey would suggest they are not really sure themselves. I just don't want to purchase or recommend this brush because it has TSR stamped on it, I'd like it to be a good brush in it's own right.

Well I guess I for one will put in an order regardless of what it is made of. If it just happens to be the mutts nuts to boot - that'd be nice. Let's face it, virtually everything I have bought (unless previously sampled) has had a certain amount of "wing and prayer" about it. It's what makes life exciting, the unpredictability. Also let's face it we have all bought gear that others have slagged off, but loved, while hating other stuff people have waxed lyrical about.

This is exciting , it's a rare Roman horse hair travel brush. The handle is metal, could be silver. Yours for £999.99.

romanl.jpg

Well, it came from me insofar as I coughed it up, then swallowed it again, then pooed it out and finally posted to A Certain Member who kindly shared the love with Tony.

Hope it gets passed around as it's a beaut.

And it smells.

*shudder*

Hi gents,

I'm glad many of you like this brush.
So, as far as I can tell, we could decide on the wooden handle.
As for the engraving, I can have some text engraved into the handle. What do you prefer?
a) TSR
b) The
Shaving
Room
(in 3 separate lines)

Leon said:
Hi gents,

I'm glad many of you like this brush.
So, as far as I can tell, we could decide on the wooden handle.
As for the engraving, I can have some text engraved into the handle. What do you prefer?
a) TSR
b) The
Shaving
Room
(in 3 separate lines)

Either way but B. sounds good.

As far as logo design goes I'd be happy with simply 'TSR' stamped on the underside of the handle. A bit of minimalism in a complicated world. Perhaps Hando and the mods could decide on the font and look of that design? I don't know if TSR has a specific logo.

I am glad that Tony has the guts to post his honest thoughts on this. I would love a TSR brush but I also want it to be a good brush in it's own right. I have never tired a badger/boar mix and not seen or used this sample so I am not really qualified to comment but I would probably buy one just to try it if cheap enough. It would be nice to see some of the money go to the running of this site even if it is a low % per brush I am sure it would help.

Sorry for the delay but I've just posted the brush onto Boab, I'm sure he can and will forward it if you ask.

I agree with the sentiment Audio but I don't know how it can be achieved, hopefully you can make your own mind up. When a brush has this sort of density married with a high loft you end up with so much splay you that you just lather your chops with mainly the stem of the hair knot and not the tips.

If that's what folks like then go for it and then print TSR on the base so you can't identify it. :roll:

tsr3.jpg

tsr1t.jpg

I had put my vote in as a yes for the TSR brush. But, having seen Tony's pics I have had second thoughts. This is not my style of brush, at all. I am sure it will do a great job if that style of brush floats your boat.

Back
Top Bottom