TSR Custom Brush

Lads

i've been mulling over the idea of a TSR Custom brush for a while now and recently got in touch with Teiste who forwarded my ideas to Leon.

all things considered i thought about a super-duper badger\boar mix brush but of a higher quality than the much loved Vulfix 404

lots of things to consider so here is the e-mail i received from Leon

Hello Hando,

The member Teiste told me that the forum is interested in having a custom made brush by Semogue.
I'm happy that you chose Semogue for this. So far, I've conducted 2 Limited Edition brush projects and a 3rd is on the way and everything seems really happy with the final product.
I need to know several things:
The loft dimensions;
The hair type I already know - 75% Pure + 25% boar, right?
What handle do you want;
How many brushes do you want. A minimum set of 50 are required, but the more you order, the less will cost each brush.

Take care and talk to you soon

Bruno

i've been told they have tried a prototype mix with a 50\50 mix of Pure badger and boar.
apparantly it didn't quite work, or as i was told it wasn't as good as the 404

if this is to go ahead the majority will decide on how the final product will look

handle - wood or acrylic
loft
knot make up
etc

my own view is that it should be Best badger hair
slivertip would make it too expensive, Pure would be too prickly and once the tips of the boar split you need a good match
ratio of badger to boar i thought 60-75% badger but i know antdad would have it the other way round

anyway lots to talk about and discuss, first off i'll run a poll to see what kind of numbers would be interested
everything else to follow

please vote and add your comments\views

i removed the 'Depends on Price' option from the poll as this would be the one most would choose

we're only gauging interest for now, i would expect it to be comparible with the LE 2009 price wise :?

...mmm seems the poll isn't working, if not just post your thoughts, yay or nay

Gents,I will vote for a silvertip or best badger brush with an acrylic handle but a shorter loft than the offers normally by Semogue..A loft around 50 to 48 mm.And BTW,Mr Gomes is already working on that... :D

Poll is working fine for me. I would prefer a fake Ivory handle.
What can Semogue do in terms of Logo?

I support the idea of a TSR brush.

Don't mind a wooden handle given the latest improvements.

...and are you really going to sell fifty?

Sounds like a fabulous idea! Of course everyone here will have there own idea of what constitutes the perfect TSR SE Brush, so perhaps the final say should go to the two admins and Hando (seeing as he started this thread like). For what it's worth, I prefer wooden handles with those clear acrylic ones as a second choice. I think a mixed knot sounds great. :shave

antdad said:
I support the idea of a TSR brush.

Don't mind a wooden handle given the latest improvements.

...and are you really going to sell fifty?

I bet there would be two or three members here who'd buy more than one. :geek:

Definitely interested, although cashflow is rather sporadic.

Unless this is just a big scheme to see if Fido will get out his wallet for yet another brush. :mrgreen:

If a TSR special is made, I'll have one. That's the collector, not the shaver in me! That's because I'm not really now interested in anything other than a decent quality badger brush. But I'll go with the majority.

Pig Cat said:
perhaps the final say should go to the two admins and Hando (seeing as he started this thread like)

nice of you to say mate but i'm with Spock on this one.

i only floated the idea but unbeknown(?) to me things have been in development behind the scenes with Teiste, Leon and Sr Gomes at Semogue.

i would think that to keep it an exclusive TSR brush we would require to take 50 units, after that it becomes a free market.
who knows, Semogue could have planned to make this a LE 2010 anyway and we'd have to get them same way as we did with the LE2009

I DO NOT COLLECT SHAVING BRUSHES.

Yeah, I'm in of course. For what it's worth, I really fancy a brush with a transparent acrylic handle, but it really doesn't matter so long as it has TSR on it somewhere.

Same error "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." I got that with the other poll as well both in Firefox and IE.

I would be interested, I would probably take it just because it was a TSR brush especially if it supports the forum. I think some of the money from each brush should go to the site even if it means paying a small premium over the actual cost.

Back
Top Bottom