TSR Custom Brush

cheese_dave said:
I said this exact same thing to myself tonight as I loaded a selection of Sharon's soaps, a new brush, and a load of razors into the large box that is my shaving stash.

Seriously, I have enough soaps and creams to last me at least 4 years, almost as many blades as HM, and a stupid amount of razors and brushes. Someone make it stop.

I´ve got a big blue IKEA-bag with stuff under our bed, with plastic boxes in it. Wife thinks she knows how much I got, but she doesn´t :twisted: . Neil has got a lot of mine razors + new things keep arriving every day now and it´s a hassle to get home before the wife and emtpy the mail box every day :roll:

Sorry I didn´t say Hi Bruno: Hello, my portugues friend! Regards from Mikael/Fonseca

I have it and will pass it on to Boab.

Basically I'm with Pig cat on this, I wanted acrylic initially but once I felt and saw the wooden one I liked it. I think it comes down to size, if the TSR brush handle is going to be acrylic and the same size as the 620 I'd favour the wooden one.

I thought the knot was bi polar. It just didn't know what it wanted to be. I didn't like it.

hando said:
PigCat will be giving it more than a few days to test it

Few days indeed
faint.gif

SiR-ed8 said:
hando said:
PigCat will be giving it more than a few days to test it

Few days indeed
faint.gif

Hey, I passed it on ages ago!! I think it's now on to its second person after me. I really liked it. I expect Hando will update us again soon. Hopefully this brush will be available by Fathers Day which is when I'm likely to be bought one.

It was in jest my friend. I was looking forward to your impressions. You can make it up with pics though ;)

hando said:
the only thing i'll add is that i like the handle the prototype came with

and that was wood

I'm liking the idea of wood handle since I've several custom wooden brushes.

antdad said:
I have it and will pass it on to Boab.

Basically I'm with Pig cat on this, I wanted acrylic initially but once I felt and saw the wooden one I liked it. I think it comes down to size, if the TSR brush handle is going to be acrylic and the same size as the 620 I'd favour the wooden one.

I thought the knot was bi polar. It just didn't know what it wanted to be. I didn't like it.

How did it lather? Bristle stiffness? Knot density? Tip softness? I'm not going to ask about shedding since Semogue's are renowed for rarely shedding if at all. At least in my experience anyway. But feel free to mention that.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Knot = 21/54.

It lathered okay, not very dense or stiff. As a badger user the tips don't feel particularly soft to me, it's scrubby with a lot of splay without the luxury. Did not shed and a nice to hold.

tsry.jpg

For me fan shaped badger brushes really have to be quite dense and shortish loft to really perform, I feel the same about this brush.

Wait a sec is this going to be boar, bader or mix? I can't tell from that pic.

All I know is 75 Pure to 25 boar wasn't a go and neither was 50/50 either.

I really liked it - I'm a pure/best/silvertip badger man and the extra backbone of the boar gave this some edge when using with soaps and hard water.

As all my others are posh badgers I'd happily use this in my rotation; also as a face latherer I found it hold enough for two good passes.

Also I loved the wooden handle - first time I've had a good experience with having my hand on wood in the bathroom (PigCat!!) and a winner.

Big thumbs up from me.

Hate to say this but the mood Tony's been in lately I don't think being lathered with Sophia Loren's beaver would satisfy him.

Not sure what his problem is but hope he cheers up soon. I'm missing the old Antdad.

Have you seen Sophia lately? That old badger would need a lot of hydration.

This ain't B&B. With respect, I'm not going to whoop every brush that dropped out of the sky or Semogue's arse.

If as suggested the 70/30 & 50/50 grades were rejected I'm not really sure why this 60/40 brush would prove any more acceptable, let's just see what the other trialist's say.

antdad said:
Have you seen Sophia lately? That old badger would need a lot of hydration.

This ain't B&B. With respect, I'm not going to whoop every brush that dropped out of the sky or Semogue's arse.

If as suggested the 70/30 & 50/50 grades were rejected I'm not really sure why this 60/40 brush would prove any more acceptable, let's just see what the other trialist's say.

I don't know who Sophia is but with regards to the brushes I'm just a fan of boar. It just so happens I have many that are Omega.

If badger's going to be greater ratio than that of boar then I'm sure there are several badger lovers here would take it.

Nice picture PC, unlike those slightly weird fawning Dr Who fan's I do prefer a more fully figured creature and she has always managed to keep her clothes on to her credit.

As for the brush, you've tested it, are you sitting on the fence with this one even after the vasectomy?

Back
Top Bottom