This is my one thousandth post!

Postman redelivered today as we missed the first drop. Lots of very nice things here. All of these will be very handy.

Thank you Dave. You're a gent.

coo-ee!

I'm back!

Yes, camping with the wife and kids at the New Wine Christian festival. Tbh I expected to hate it, or (at best) tolerate it. A week of camping with thousands of evangelical Christians ought to be unbearably awful for any number of reasons. But . . all these happy clappy Jesus people are genuinely lovely. Been to a seminar on depression and heard the bishop of London speaking about hope, faith and love. Lots of fun and no fundamentalists. :)

I thought it would end with me 'converted' to Dawkins, dysentery & divorce; in fact it was just a lot of very nice people who genuinely believe that God loves them and who generously showed and shared love with me, a cynical vicar. Bars, cafes, stand-up comedy, live music, thoughtful seminars, inspiring sermons, honest prayer and heartfelt worship. I liked it.

On the way home I saw a large, neat, handwritten sign in a Somerset village: "Can Do Dogs - At A Price". What *does* that mean? Are they "can-do dogs"? (And, if so, what can they do?) Or is an offer of a service or product? As in: "I / we can do dogs - but (and here's the catch) AT A PRICE". Either way, I'm interested. And yet that's all the sign said: no contact details, nothing. Just those six ambiguous, enigmatic words.

Back
Top Bottom