Things you don't see anymore

Mangles. Proper sewing machines without ee-leck-tricky. Young blokes without their arses hingin’ oot grey joggers, no socks and expensive trainers that look like sporty ballet shoes. People using that now defunct, obsolete and archaic word; ‘please’. Bus conductors. Women scrubbing their front step. Books made of something called paper and people visibly engaged reading them. Most folks wearing hats out of doors. I would say trams but some politicky persons made a bumhole out of reintroducing them to Edinburgh. Hibs fans with smiles on their faces - wait, that is something that I ain’t never done seen. I suppose that last one has now been rendered genetically impossible through retrograde evolution, the poor buggers. Streets with brick houses, slate roofs, no UPVC and different coloured front doors. Postmen that shut front gates behind them when they opened the damn things in the first place.

Well goodnight, I’m off to lock the UPVC doors and change out of these grey joggers after I shut the front gate.

Mangles. Proper sewing machines without ee-leck-tricky. Young blokes without their arses hingin’ oot grey joggers, no socks and expensive trainers that look like sporty ballet shoes. People using that now defunct, obsolete and archaic word; ‘please’. Bus conductors. Women scrubbing their front step. Books made of something called paper and people visibly engaged reading them. Most folks wearing hats out of doors. I would say trams but some politicky persons made a bumhole out of reintroducing them to Edinburgh. Hibs fans with smiles on their faces - wait, that is something that I ain’t never done seen. I suppose that last one has now been rendered genetically impossible through retrograde evolution, the poor buggers. Streets with brick houses, slate roofs, no UPVC and different coloured front doors. Postmen that shut front gates behind them when they opened the damn things in the first place.

Well goodnight, I’m off to lock the UPVC doors and change out of these grey joggers after I shut the front gate.
Mind put your empty milk bottles out as well. (y)

Mind put your empty milk bottles out as well. (y)
Done it. Seriously, I only stopped in 2021 as it was getting too expensive. Glass milk bottles make me go all gooey inside. My MiL and SiL still do (put their milk bottles out, not the gooey thing) unless they order their lesser halves to do so.

Here’s one: huge grannies with forearms like Popeye’s picking up greetin’ bairns with one hand and belting them with the other. There’s just no public entertainment anymore….<sigh>

Faither’s balling at their bairns to eat their meat or they’ll get no pudding. Pudding…<sigh>

Kids climbing trees, making tree swings and playing chap door run. Did that once with a paper bag full of shite (not mine) and rang the door bell after lighting the paper bag. Never hung around long enough to see what happened.

Done it. Seriously, I only stopped in 2021 as it was getting too expensive. Glass milk bottles make me go all gooey inside. My MiL and SiL still do (put their milk bottles out, not the gooey thing) unless they order their lesser halves to do so.

Here’s one: huge grannies with forearms like Popeye’s picking up greetin’ bairns with one hand and belting them with the other. There’s just no public entertainment anymore….<sigh>

Faither’s balling at their bairns to eat their meat or they’ll get no pudding. Pudding…<sigh>

Kids climbing trees, making tree swings and playing chap door run. Did that once with a paper bag full of shite (not mine) and rang the door bell after lighting the paper bag. Never hung around long enough to see what happened.
Used to love it when I was at school, being first up getting milk from doorstep, when it had an inch of cream on top. And pouring it on my cornflakes.
Jesus, idid not realise how much I missed doing that until right now.

Hiya,

Back in the 50s and living in Chicago I fondly remember the annual Monarch butterfly migration. Yep, bazillions of those beauties would stop by on their way to Mexico for the winter.

Heh, I also remember the local butcher shop where live chickens were sold and cut up while you waited. Burnt my hand badly on the pot bellied stove there once and needed hospitalization. Yep, I was 22 months old and still can recall that.

Hiya,

Back in the 50s and living in Chicago I fondly remember the annual Monarch butterfly migration. Yep, bazillions of those beauties would stop by on their way to Mexico for the winter.

Heh, I also remember the local butcher shop where live chickens were sold and cut up while you waited. Burnt my hand badly on the pot bellied stove there once and needed hospitalization. Yep, I was 22 months old and still can recall that.
That's a tale of two halves which makes it difficult to decide with which emoji it's most suitable to react. I'd give the first half some love and the second some shock.

Back
Top Bottom