Things you don't see anymore

British executions.

I caught, on BBC world service today, Albert Pierrepoint account of being Britain's most famous hangman. Oddly, I found it most interesting. For anyone else interested, it's on the BBC sound app, Witness History podcast.

The movie about him was great!! Then again I personally think Timothy Spall is the greatest living British actor as he is a veritable "chameleon".

They play Jimmy Clitheroe on Radio 4 Extra sometimes factormax. It's not on the BBC Sounds app at the moment but if they start playing it again you will be able to listen on there.

... and duffle coats with the wooden toggles, I had one at junior school..

About time they made a comeback.
They did make a comeback a few years ago. I bought a lovely red one. Sadly, the manufacturers are no longer using virgin wool but a mixture of recycled wool and polyester. I wondered why they are now so inexpensive...

View attachment 117259
Used to love seeing these as a kid.

There was a huge one of these surrounding a statue of the Black Prince on horseback in the middle of City Square in Leeds when it was being cleaned. An enormous 30 foot statue.

The TV company Look North went to interview the cleaners because it was a hot day, why did they need the tent?

3281440760_07fc14d15d_b.jpg

"Believe me, its too hot to work in there but we need protection from the public, they shout up to us, 'Don't forget to clean his chopper'.

Its a hard job anyway without all of Leeds thinking they are a comedian"

Back
Top Bottom