Things you don't see anymore

I also find ripped jeans hard to fathom, I mean, I go out of my way to find well fitting evenly dyed indigo. Obviously it's a matter of subjective taste. But somehow I would rather see people in ripped jeans than grey trackie bottoms.

The thing that really blows my mind is those who go about with jeans 2 sizes too big and no belt! Literally you can see their whole butt under whatever skanks they have on underneath. I realise it's some sort of sign of trying to be badass but it looks so ridiculous they just look sadass. Firstly, are they not embarrassed? And assuming that is no, then honestly if they're really hardened g-men, just how practical and tactical is it to chase after or run from an enemy with your hilarious buffoon pants round your ankles?!

I also find ripped jeans hard to fathom, I mean, I go out of my way to find well fitting evenly dyed indigo. Obviously it's a matter of subjective taste. But somehow I would rather see people in ripped jeans than grey trackie bottoms.

The thing that really blows my mind is those who go about with jeans 2 sizes too big and no belt! Literally you can see their whole butt under whatever skanks they have on underneath. I realise it's some sort of sign of trying to be badass but it looks so ridiculous they just look sadass. Firstly, are they not embarrassed? And assuming that is no, then honestly if they're really hardened g-men, just how practical and tactical is it to chase after or run from an enemy with your hilarious buffoon pants round your ankles?!
That is quote of the week! Honestly, “Hilarious buffoon pants”, has made my day. Some artisan should release a shaving soap with a caricature of said NED (Non-Educated Deliquent) on the front, attired thus and call it ‘Hilarious Buffoon Pants’. Banksy-esque artwork with a scent of dilapidated high rise? :ROFLMAO:

"jeans 2 sizes too big and no belt!"

I think this is a 'prison chic' thing. In some circles, it's fashionable to look like you're a con. In jail you're issued with standard trousers, which are very often too big for you. And no belt. Same thing with peaked caps turned backwards. Apparently inmates turn the peaks to the back so they can get as close to the screen as possible when they have visitors. So I've heard, anyway.

Yes I have heard the same theory. Standard trousers though? That's gotta be made up. Otherwise anyone too big to get them on would be in their jockeys, or all trousers would have to be big enough for the fattest known or possible prisoner! Maybe these wannabe gangsta boys should just not bother with trousers at all and just be like "amma too big for prison pants!"

LMPO (laugh my pants off!)

Yes I have heard the same theory. Standard trousers though? That's gotta be made up. Otherwise anyone too big to get them on would be in their jockeys, or all trousers would have to be big enough for the fattest known or possible prisoner! Maybe these wannabe gangsta boys should just not bother with trousers at all and just be like "amma too big for prison pants!"

LMPO (laugh my pants off!)
Yes. You make a fair point. A limited range of sizes, with a tendency to err on the large size might be a better description.

Or wrestling. With old ladies frothing in the front row. (WWF doesn't count).
I was there.. Easy easy easy (big daddy)
Got a scarf somewhere from event.

Ash trays... Never see them now.
And bars under stairs.
Boil in the bag curry
Chicken in a basket pub lunch
Video players
Crt television sets. Drop my last one busting toe at tip!
Kids out and about. Grass area near me is always clear. Used to see kids be playing on grass but not now.

This was another "trend" that started back in the 1990s, IIRC. It used to be followed predominantly by teenage boys, desperately trying to look "hard". They used to combine these ridiculous jeans/trousers with baseball caps turned back-to-front. Even back then, I used to think what complete twats they looked. And I was a teenager myself at the time, lol.

It may be just me, but it's another example of things that only boys used to do. You never saw teenage girls looking like that. Maybe they had more sense than the lads. Or maybe I just didn't see girls like that in my town, lol...

Having seen the supermarkets stack up with Xmas gift sets - made me think - not seen soap on a rope since probably the 80's :D

I recall they were bloody everywhere, and my gran went through a phase of making sure I had a good stock for Christmas and my birthday. If I could be bothered looking on Etsy, I'm guessing that they are an artisan product now!!!

Having seen the supermarkets stack up with Xmas gift sets - made me think - not seen soap on a rope since probably the 80's :D

I recall they were bloody everywhere, and my gran went through a phase of making sure I had a good stock for Christmas and my birthday. If I could be bothered looking on Etsy, I'm guessing that they are an artisan product now!!!
Sainsburys still sell them for £3. Duck shape too!

This was another "trend" that started back in the 1990s, IIRC. It used to be followed predominantly by teenage boys, desperately trying to look "hard". They used to combine these ridiculous jeans/trousers with baseball caps turned back-to-front. Even back then, I used to think what complete twats they looked. And I was a teenager myself at the time, lol.

It may be just me, but it's another example of things that only boys used to do. You never saw teenage girls looking like that. Maybe they had more sense than the lads. Or maybe I just didn't see girls like that in my town, lol...
Seems ridiculous to us now but we were all young once, you should have seen me in the late 70s with all the punk rock gear on! :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom