Things you don't see anymore

Hi.
Good for Chicken/ Rooster
www.herbfedpoultry.co.uk.
Actually Costco sell their products
There are a number of Game sellers on line, this one has an extensive range of products.
www.wildmeat.co.uk.
Not to sure about The Squirrel
Hope this helps

Thanks for that, they both look amazing.

The Wild Meat company in particular looks superb. The rabbit looks pretty good value, the whole Muntjac deer even at £60 for a whole animal might be a good buy. Venison curry is one of my favourites, but I always use venison from the supermarket which never has the bones, IMO curries are always better with bones!

I know @Digimonkey is a fan of venison curries.

Squirrels are delicious. Soaked in butter milk and coated in seasoned flour, then deep fried. Much like chicken. The only problem, you need quite a few for a meal - there isn't much eating in a squirrel. Skinning and gutting them isn't for the faint hearted as they are quite cute looking. - I.
One family bucket of squirrel please! :)

Paul.

Could be me - how about squished flies on the windscreen, number plate or headlights?

Just completed 1k in a week whilst on holidays, and not a dead bug.

Maybe our ecology has changed in the UK? Less flies and bugs near country roads. I remember as a kid my dad's windscreen looking like a blood bath after long journeys
Yea, we have fucked the environment. Remember birds chirping first thing in the morning, annoying as fuck but I miss it now. As you said insects everywhere years ago. Not any more, which means less birds chirping outside the window because they eat the insects that we have got rid of through insectiside to increase crop yields to allow us to dispose of more food for more profit.
Not quite the same but still a waste.
Worked at a bakery for a while, 40% of all goods produced got flung out so the shelves were always full of fresh produce, the bakery was very profitable making millions a year.
What is wrong with making enough to satisfy demand, they know how many they sold last and the week before. When they run out come back tomorrow.

Go to places like France, they make so many loaves of bread and if you are not early enough you miss out and have to pick something else.
Sorry for rant but it annoys me.:mad:

Ah tree chicken! I think they're kind of cute, Mrs calls them tree rats. What she'd do to pigeons would make your blood run cold, she's got a mean streak!

Venison though. I've been very lucky and got given a haunch of sika. Had to learn how to take a haunch apart and bone it before I could put it away, so luckily I have good knives and found exactly the youtube video I needed! That made some grand dinners!

Thanks for that, they both look amazing.

The Wild Meat company in particular looks superb. The rabbit looks pretty good value, the whole Muntjac deer even at £60 for a whole animal might be a good buy. Venison curry is one of my favourites, but I always use venison from the supermarket which never has the bones, IMO curries are always better with bones!

I know @Digimonkey is a fan of venison curries.
A haunch is nice roast. With leftovers for curries

Very true, in some parts of Cornwall there is only two buses per day Monday to Saturday but most of the county will only have one bus per hour! :)
Due to a shortage of drivers this can go down to one bus every two hours!

Paul.

Jethro and Denzil went out in Penzance one night on the ale and they drank so much they missed the last bus home to Saint Just.

Anyway, Jethro says, “Lets go down to the bus depot and borrow a bus to drive us home in.”

When they get there, it’s all locked up with the buses in the yard.

“I”ll tell ‘e what, boy,” says Jethro, “You go inside and get a bus while I keep a look out.”

Anyway, Denzil Penberthy goes in and it’s ages before he comes out driving a bus.

‘”What happened to ‘e?” asks Jethro

“It was like this,” says Denzil, “I had to move the buses round because the Saint Just one was at the back of the garage.”

Jethro and Denzil went out in Penzance one night on the ale and they drank so much they missed the last bus home to Saint Just.

Anyway, Jethro says, “Lets go down to the bus depot and borrow a bus to drive us home in.”

When they get there, it’s all locked up with the buses in the yard.

“I”ll tell ‘e what, boy,” says Jethro, “You go inside and get a bus while I keep a look out.”

Anyway, Denzil Penberthy goes in and it’s ages before he comes out driving a bus.

‘”What happened to ‘e?” asks Jethro

“It was like this,” says Denzil, “I had to move the buses round because the Saint Just one was at the back of the garage.”
Very good Chris :) got to love Jethro!

Paul.

Yea, we have fucked the environment. Remember birds chirping first thing in the morning, annoying as fuck but I miss it now. As you said insects everywhere years ago. Not any more, which means less birds chirping outside the window because they eat the insects that we have got rid of through insectiside to increase crop yields to allow us to dispose of more food for more profit.
Not quite the same but still a waste.
Worked at a bakery for a while, 40% of all goods produced got flung out so the shelves were always full of fresh produce, the bakery was very profitable making millions a year.
What is wrong with making enough to satisfy demand, they know how many they sold last and the week before. When they run out come back tomorrow.

Go to places like France, they make so many loaves of bread and if you are not early enough you miss out and have to pick something else.
Sorry for rant but it annoys me.:mad:
Loads of songbirds here because we control the vermin ( squirrels, magpies mostly) that decimate song birds nests. Have you noticed way more Corvids and less songbirds correspondingly, the damage that ‘wild justice’ and Chris Packham have caused by change in legislation.

lack of insects which feed wild birds is down in part to the rise of growing maize for biomass grants, severe damage to biodiversity has been caused by a rush to clean energy (subsidies)

Squirrels are delicious. Soaked in butter milk and coated in seasoned flour, then deep fried. Much like chicken. The only problem, you need quite a few for a meal - there isn't much eating in a squirrel. Skinning and gutting them isn't for the faint hearted as they are quite cute looking. - I.
Referred to as ‘flightless partridge’ here… bit of a faff to prepare as only meat at the back end.

Back
Top Bottom