Things are starting to get a little crazy...

Nobody seems to report how any have recovered. These are dark days where folk are more obsessed with how many are going to die than survive and I don't think it helps.

I know it is a serious matter but we should be looking at it in a more 'We are going to defeat this' than a mortality rate count.
Yes - a headline from last week - BBC Scotland news - virus rate doubles! - yes - from three to six - so that is technically doubling - but - I mean? A population of five odd million. Avoiding pot calling kettle black - self-declaration - I work in the Scottish press. The climate of fear has become a consistent factor in social control recently - I can cite many authors if you want - but ironically - when it might really matter - nobody pays attention - particularly the cretins that stockpile bog roll. I.

...I work in the Scottish press...

Based upon your Thatcher bashing...

qGl8P5l.jpg

;)

The irony of all the toilet roll stockpiling is that the squits aren't really held to be a sign of the coronavirus
View attachment 52533
And as my wife put it yesterday, if she was eating only pasta (the other bare shelf in our local supermarket) she'd be so blocked she'd have no need of the loo roll.

She has missed the point. The toilet rolls are a last grasp source of nutritional value. Because as you mention the pasta shelves are empty

Cooking whisky - yes - good whisky - no - water only. I.

Agree. For the latter even though I've been drinking whisky for a while I've come to appreciate a little water makes a huge difference.

I'm a fan of having 'cooking whisky' with just a few cubes of ice and drinking the coke by itself!

Btw, there is a time and place for 'cooking whisky'.

I feel like I'm being very paranoid with hand washing constantly but on the other hand my other half works in a care home with around 50 vulnerable people in the building, I can imagine I'll be living in a tent in the garden if I get it, plus I really don't want to be responsible for any of their deaths. I work in a supermarket though, it's probably the worse place to be at the minute. Next time I'm in I might suggest to the managers to prop all the doors open in the staff corridors as I don't think using door handles every other staff member touches is ideal at the moment.

Last edited:
I was on a bus yesterday when a portly gentelman started coughing quite loudly and without covering his mouth, within seconds everyone sitting anywhere near him got up and moved to the back of the bus.....an overreaction.......I don't know!
I however will be trying not to travel on busses unless absolutely necessary from now on :) or I could look like a total phobic by wearing my mask and sergical latex gloves, what do you think? P.

I was on a bus yesterday when a portly gentelman started coughing quite loudly and without covering his mouth, within seconds everyone sitting anywhere near him got up and moved to the back of the bus.....an overreaction.......I don't know!
I however will be trying not to travel on busses unless absolutely necessary from now on :) or I could look like a total phobic by wearing my mask and sergical latex gloves, what do you think? P.
The term ‘containment' is a misnomer. The virus is almost impossible fully to contain, as it ‘hangs in the air' – airborne - see here... https://www.zerohedge.com/health/co...es-travel-twice-safe-distance-according-study

Back
Top Bottom