Testers wanted

Interesting! I generally don't face lather so have never come across any problems.
I'm not a chemist so I can not offer any explanation to why bowl lathering should combat this apparent problem.
If indeed this is the issue with the OSP Cream.

Paul.
Thanks for you’re reply just thought I’d add it in as it’s not unusual and not the only artisan with this steric acid thing think it just needs more agitation to get it going not found it to be a problem had something similar with B&M diamond at first I thought I’d received an off tub until I read up on it

OP
J
Hi gents,

I do use stearic acid at various stages of production. However, the production of this cream was done in a day whereas it is usually left to steep for 8 weeks.

This will by why the cream is a little stiffer and the stearic acid isn't fully dissolved. As long as it dissappears when lathering, we should be fine.

I am just redoing my whole ground floor at the mo. Once I have got everything to a state where I can concentrate on something else, another test batch of cream will be with you.
Thanks.

James.

Hi gents,

I do use stearic acid at various stages of production. However, the production of this cream was done in a day whereas it is usually left to steep for 8 weeks.

This will by why the cream is a little stiffer and the stearic acid isn't fully dissolved. As long as it dissappears when lathering, we should be fine.

I am just redoing my whole ground floor at the mo. Once I have got everything to a state where I can concentrate on something else, another test batch of cream will be with you.
Thanks.

James.
That could give explanation to why I’ve had same thing with B&M it was very fresh looking in the tub with use and drying it seems to disappear and isn’t noticeable in the tub now so sounds like it’s just part of curing

OP
J
That could give explanation to why I’ve had same thing with B&M it was very fresh looking in the tub with use and drying it seems to disappear and isn’t noticeable in the tub now so sounds like it’s just part of curing
Well I'm cautious of giving you that opinion. I can't say what is happening with another companies product.

Well I'm cautious of giving you that opinion. I can't say what is happening with another companies product.
No I appreciate that just my own observation that twice I’ve had very fresh soap from them and it’s looked this way but after a few uses is no longer visible so assuming it maybe didn’t have long enough to cure before I received it never been an issue though so wouldn’t put me off buying

However, what else can I do to make this cream better?
Include your superb sandalwood scent. For me that is essential.

Thanks for the explanation. Was worried I'd opened up a can of worms.

Hope my comments were received as intended I wasn’t trying to open a can of worms quite the opposite I was just drawing attention to the fact it seems quite normal and nothing unusual as others have the same, I’m assuming it’s just part of the soap making process. Will certainly be buying some of this cream once it’s made available

Top Bottom