Tech June-kies?

To me, the flat-bottom Tech is the definitive Tech ... particularly the raised flat-bottom. Yeah, the flat-bottom Techs shave with a surety in hand which lighter razors lack. It's minimal, splitting hairs even ... but it is a noticeable difference.
Well I'll look out for one.

We've had 'Fat February' and 'Artisan April' ... I'm thinking of 'Milky May' which is somewhat limiting as soaps with milk in are few and far between, but maybe a bit more inclusive ... us Tech June-kies (see what I did there?) could show our appreciation of this razor for a month?

Who's in?
If you struggle for May you could always go for Monochrome May to show case some of the cracking photographers on this forum (or Merkur/Muhle though this in itself may also be limiting)

If you struggle for May you could always go for Monochrome May to show case some of the cracking photographers on this forum (or Merkur/Muhle though this in itself may also be limiting)

Actually, I think I am going to commit to Milky May. I think it'll be a solo effort, but here's why ...

I got the idea during the holy month of Fat February to just continue into March with my other favourite shaving soap, Savonniere du Moulin. Moulin March. It didn't happen. During this month, I discovered that I had another soap with milk in it and that I really should use it more as it is actually very good. That, and I've never used Haslinger (no, really ... I haven't) so I've just popped an order in for the Schafmilch (Sheep Milk). I've mapped the month out alternating SdM and Haslinger, with the Bee Clean during weekends.

I might mix in some honey soaps, too ... coz bees also make milk? Well, boo-bees do!

Sorry. I've already got my coat on and called a Taxi.

... but anyone else who want to make an alternative, go ahead. Nowt official about my journey.

Actually, I think I am going to commit to Milky May. I think it'll be a solo effort, but here's why ...

I got the idea during the holy month of Fat February to just continue into March with my other favourite shaving soap, Savonniere du Moulin. Moulin March. It didn't happen. During this month, I discovered that I had another soap with milk in it and that I really should use it more as it is actually very good. That, and I've never used Haslinger (no, really ... I haven't) so I've just popped an order in for the Schafmilch (Sheep Milk). I've mapped the month out alternating SdM and Haslinger, with the Bee Clean during weekends.

I might mix in some honey soaps, too ... coz bees also make milk? Well, boo-bees do!

... but anyone else who want to make an alternative, go ahead. Nowt official about my journey.
Ha ha ha sold, I'll have a trawl through my own stash and see if I have any to join you!

Ok now I realise I'm an idiot, after having just gone past the A brands and into the B's I realised that all bar arko hydrate contain milk in some form or another (K2E and Omnibus - goat milk) so yep I'm definitely in.

I should really know what I'm putting on my mush!

The Ranger Tech is just a SuperSpeed with slightly less knurling on the handle.

bb237ec55446f145c9732a0b6f4aaa6f.jpg

This is a real Tech!

20201214_071325-jpg.1194977
There are some nice handle variations on the US Techs. I’m off to look at Mr Razor to see if I can spot my favourite one. TTFN.

Ok now I realise I'm an idiot, after having just gone past the A brands and into the B's I realised that all bar arko hydrate contain milk in some form or another (K2E and Omnibus - goat milk) so yep I'm definitely in.

I should really know what I'm putting on my mush!
Signature do goat’s milk soaps in various guises. Haven’t tried any but going on other Sig Soaps’ performance, they should be quite superb.

There are some nice handle variations on the US Techs. I’m off to look at Mr Razor to see if I can spot my favourite one. TTFN.
Here’s one. I love the vertical lines in the knurling of this US contract Tech. Weight seems low compared to other solid brass ball-end types but almost bob on for the flat bottom, fat handle English chap. This really is a beauty:

B2D94C8F-C5D5-4FC2-B1C5-99B4F4F5AD77.png

Here’s one. I love the vertical lines in the knurling of this US contract Tech. Weight seems low compared to other solid brass ball-end types but almost bob on for the flat bottom, fat handle English chap. This really is a beauty:

View attachment 104221
Those handles are some kind of alloy, no one seems to know for sure what exactly, aluminum maybe, some had a dull black coating instead of plating, they don't rot like zamac.

Here’s one. I love the vertical lines in the knurling of this US contract Tech. Weight seems low compared to other solid brass ball-end types but almost bob on for the flat bottom, fat handle English chap. This really is a beauty:...

I have a Contract that is far more mild than a normal Tech. I've only used it a few times. I think you could shave your nutz with it weak handed and drunk on a trampoline...............at night and not cut yourself.

Here's an interesting pre-War/Contract Tech ...

AJFCJaVTgqm-PssiDaQTBYuxapTl3_ewSC-3cWHVrNF2PhpyYopRzOWR3_-3uS4hb8zFUp5erl7XjytRqFrVEZ1xh4l9XejFl4BeAkbRCWPA9ZK6U8klAn82h_BWPd0PCx_I5Zmb6VnGNPAY11tgEXXuXbrmQw=w800

I'll have to walk you through this ...

First, I know you'll say it's a home-made or repaired handle, or not the right type ... but this is NOT the only one that I've seen in this exact format. Mine came in a brown case. All have had these pre-War USA heads and the handle is the second one in from the left - yeah, that one that looks like a ball-end abruptly finished with a dished end.

I've put (a) a ball-end next to it to show that it is girthier and also the knurled section does not line up, ergo it's not a hasilty finished ball-end; (b) a British fat handle to show the top is the same, slightly less muffin-topped than its USA counterpart; (c) USA fat handle to show the more muffin-topped handle top for comparison.

Again, it's it NOT the only one I've seen in this format - Gillette case, Tech head and that handle.

Here's yet another that I have seen:

$_57.JPG$_57-1.JPG$_57-2.JPG

So, unlikely actually a Gillette handle ... but given I've seen them as found in this type of Gillette case with pre-War/contract head, I do pause to wonder whether they were kitted together in military stores.

Curious.

AJFCJaULiuP1qGczkYcuIwurG4zqGHbA4MG8NenjTb75YxoUujXjInPL59XpqPqiPCE-RcwXu96ZqIgbiue-30MqFrZzIx19_8WCEyuADKP4DF0-j-cQON1OfToPYKtLUygtPMwDE18Gx3f2qjOKj2KsMWjT2Q=w800

Head weight is different to the non-Japanned pre-War head at 9g for the top cap and also plate versus the usual 11g for both. Blade gap is also 0.0.25" same as my Canadian pre-War (1932/triangular) versus 0.030" pre-War USA.
I see a red door and I want it painted black…

Sorry Matron’s out and we’ve broken into the pill store…woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom