Tabac Original Shaving Soap

lagaffe said:
I got a deo stick over a year ago which was going cheap in a clear-out in a chemist shop I was in. It's amazing stuff - the scent is still as strong at the end of the day as it was when you put it on. Need to buy another sometime.

Although I loved the smell of the deo spray, I couldn't put up with the constant itching. I will have to look out for a deo stick, never seen them around!

For a wee Christmas surprise my wife had bought me the Talc, Shower Gel, Spray Deo, and ASB. They all smell just as strong as each other with Tabac goodness, while I don't get the itchiness from the spray I noticed I do get a bit itchy if I use the shower gel for more than a few days in a row.

I used them all in the same morning once and killed insects at 20 paces for an hour or two, however when it dried down I had to beat the women folk off with a big stick :cool:

Audiolab said:
I used them all in the same morning once and killed insects at 20 paces for an hour or two, however when it dried down I had to beat the women folk off with a big stick :cool:

Womenfolk, near Audiolab's house last week:

Susan-Boyle-gives-thumbs--001.jpg
:?
jimmy.jpeg
:eek:
911798.jpg
:roll:

:lol: :lol:

Lol.

Back on topic. Tabac, ah Tabac. Lather ability and quality perfect. An absolute solid 10/10. It is my firm belief that most anyone can generate a good and slick lather using Tabac. However, the smell! The smell is strong in that one. After about six months, the smell has dissipated so that I don't smell it anymore. Man...I can still remember it. It was like breaking in a badger brush, except that it lasted a lot longer. That said, apparently some people like the smell. Personally, not a fan of the smell. But it sure does lather up easily.

I much prefer DR Harris and GFT. Haven't tried MWF or AOS yet. Still have 10 year's supply of soap and then some. That said, nothing I've used so far has lathered up as easily as Tabac.

hunnymonster said:
Womenfolk, near Audiolab's house last week:

Susan-Boyle-gives-thumbs--001.jpg
:?
jimmy.jpeg
:eek:
911798.jpg
:roll:

:lol: :lol:

Did you have to go look for those pictures or did you have them on hand...

They all have their own teeth even if it is just two of them, so they can't be from the west coast. Perhaps they were lured from the east by my manly Tabac smell :lol:

Audiolab said:
Did you have to go look for those pictures or did you have them on hand...

They all have their own teeth even if it is just two of them, so they can't be from the west coast. Perhaps they were lured from the east by my manly Tabac smell :lol:

I had to seek them out... an unpleasant enough experience I can assure you... as for being "on hand", I'll leave that to the Fiscal to prosecute :eek: :lol:

Today I used a Tabac stick for the very first time. Very, very nice lather, but the smell is way too overpowering to me. I should grate it and leave it alone for a couple of days I suppose.

Marcel said:
Today I used a Tabac stick for the very first time. Very, very nice lather, but the smell is way too overpowering to me. I should grate it and leave it alone for a couple of days I suppose.

The smell (scent is too light a word) will calm down after a few shaves.

Ian

Cut off a 5 mm slice and press it into the bottom of lathering bowl/mug, that'll hydrate pretty quickly as you use it and then you can decide if it's for you.

I have about half a dozen Tabac sticks/refills and believe it or not they all vary a lot in scent concentration, as Ian says it should calm down.

antdad said:
Cut off a 5 mm slice and press it into the bottom of lathering bowl/mug, that'll hydrate pretty quickly as you use it and then you can decide if it's for you.

Yep, that's what I do also for shaving sticks like Tabac and Arko. Heh, actually, I hate the scent of em both, so they never get used. However, the Irish Moos is one that performs well and doesn't smell of dead things like the Tabac does.

I've never tried a stick directly on my face....something about that puts me off.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom