Tabac Original Shaving Soap

I've used Tabac a few times now and continue to be impressed by it.

It lathers up very easily and makes the shave enjoyable, it is definitely number 1 on my favourite list so far.

Anyone else a fan of Tabac?

n1vlo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:20 am
me

Well that's at least 2 of us then.

Fido » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:53 am
It's not by accident that the likes of Tabac, Arko and Palmolive are so popular. Great lather, great value.

Haven't tried the other two, but Tabac is certainly a very good product IMHO.

Arrowhead » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:06 am
Me too. If you like Tabac, Irisch Moos is the same stuff differently scented.

Ah that's interesting, I would never have known, but that's what makes this forum fascinating, the wealth of knowledge.

I like the stick but if you don't buy the 100g stick refill for a few quid and grate into a bowl, if the excessive floral notes are off putting they become much less pronounced as the soap becomes more hydrated.

£/lb Tabac is easily the best soap.

Cheaper, but not quite as good, is Palmolive

Expensive, and the best, is MdC.

But if could only ever use (and pay for) one soap for the rest of my life it would be Tabac.

Not one for me Mr. Foo, however if it suits you & performs well then for you it's a winner ! And you're certainly not alone in being a fan, Tabac is quite a favourite with ever so many on TSR.

JohnnyO. \ :geek:

Performance: 10/10.

Scent 5/10 rising to 8/10 with use.

I must admit at being close to horrified by the scent of my first, brand new cake of Tabac, but after about 7-10 shaves it really calms down and becomes quite nice.

The Irish Moss (Irisch Moos) scent is similar, in that it starts off like smelling like really strong bog cleaner, but then calms to a much more pleasant 'fern' scent.

Ian

I rate Tabac soap very highly, I find it very easy and quick to get to shave quality lather with it and get very consistent results. It it is a soap that likes to be used and when well hydrated it lathers like a rabid dog in the sun but with a nicer smell. I tried the shaving cream but much prefer the soap. It is one that I fall back to if I ever have a bit of razor burn or residual irritation from an over zealous shave the previous day.

All things considered I think it is one of the best soaps on the market.

Love the stuff. As Fido says, Tabac, Arko & Palmolive are great soaps and really great value.

I got a deo stick over a year ago which was going cheap in a clear-out in a chemist shop I was in. It's amazing stuff - the scent is still as strong at the end of the day as it was when you put it on. Need to buy another sometime.

I also need to try Irisch Moos - been tempted for a long time and never got round to it; may be sending a wee order off to Connaught when payday comes.

Back
Top Bottom