Tabac Original Shaving Soap

Ah ..... tried Tabac soap for the first time this morning...and I see what is meant by the smell of dead things...smells like decaying wreaths of funeral flowers to me....Hope the smell lessens or goes away or it'll be getting binned........Not the sort of scent that I like to start my day with....

GOLDCREST said:
Ah ..... tried Tabac soap for the first time this morning...and I see what is meant by the smell of dead things...smells like decaying wreaths of funeral flowers to me....Hope the smell lessens or goes away or it'll be getting binned........Not the sort of scent that I like to start my day with....

William if you decide to bin that TABAC soap, bin it my way please. I'll swap or make it up to you in some way - like a gillette razor for example.

I believe it was Ant Dad that mentioned TABAC has been on the shaving field since 1959. I was very happy to try it out as well as the other products in their line and I am a confirmed TABAC man. Lather? I have whipped up TABAC to lather in very cold glacial waters while camping. Nothing stops the stuff from giving that lather we all are after. I prefer the soap to the cream, balm smells nice, 50/50 on the travelstick. Trainman helped me acquire the TABAC line and I thank him. Ahhh, the fresh clean cut smell of their EdT. Off to fixing a trellis in the garden. Surgery tomorrow and I'll be laid up for awhile. Catch you L8R, Robert

I will keep you in mind Robert, though the postage to the States will probably be more than the stuff's worth....

I've left the top off the soap for a day or two,and the scent appears to be dissipating somewhat..Its smelling a bit more like a plain tallow soap at the moment........Hopefully, I'll be able to use the stuff.. its lovely soap...apart from the smell... fingers crossed....

Wish you all the Best with the surgical procedure...

William

Back
Top Bottom