Sunglasses!

I popped into the Ray-Ban store in London's Covent Garden and decided on the Hawkeye. On the way home I ordered them from Opticians Direct, saving £63.00 on the frames. The prescription cost is roughly the going rate. This is my first online spectacle order, so hopefully it will work out.

View attachment 91071
But does that mean that you will not get Ray Ban lenses, just the standard tinted lens in your prescription?

You never know you look a prat untill someone tells you! Much the same happened to me with black leather trousers! :cool:

Paul.

Tell me more, was it, I like these or a fetish thing.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sorry had to ask.:)
Ha, no. Just an impulse buy but I still used them as summer weight trousers when riding my motorbike so not a total loss! :)

Paul.

You never know you look a prat untill someone tells you! Much the same happened to me with black leather trousers! :cool:

Paul.
Oh God, don't even go there. I used to own a pair of leather jeans when I was in my late teens. They were hideously tight in all the wrong places, and didn't leave very much to the imagination. I used to have tremendous difficulty in sitting down and crossing my legs. No one had the decency to tell me that I looked absolutely ridiculous in them, but I knew that I did. People used to keep quiet, so that they could laugh at me.

Needless to say, that was probably my last "fashion disaster". They soon ended up in the bin, which hurt me because they weren't exactly cheap. Even today, I wonder "what on earth was I thinking?". No one ever looked more laughable in leather jeans than I did back then.

I went into David Clullow in London and was quoted £500.00 for a pair of Persols. So today I went into my local upmarket opticians, where they were priced at £380.00. I would have bought them there and then, but they wanted a signed prescription which I didn't have - only an image on my phone. Anyway I have ordered them online for £275.00 including shipping with the same lens set up as my Ray-Bans but in green and not grey...

download (5).jpeg

I buy most of my specs from goggles4u.
Varifocal. Sunglasses. Standard. Got a pair for every occasion. I don't like varifocal for watching TV and driving though.
I own about 7 pairs although I bought one decent pair from high street shop as best but hardly ever wear.
My last frameless varifocal pair with all the fancy costings was under £30

Back
Top Bottom