Sunglasses!

I've previously been an avid Oakley user, Just recently however, bought presents for my daughter and son-in-law of SunGod. I'm getting myself a pair for an upcoming trip.

Not many style choices, but plenty of choice on lenses and for top quality lenses, they are far cheaper than the usual brands.

My daughter's mirrored lenses, are definitely mirror finish.

I didn't know the SunGod brand and looked at their website, made the mistake of looking at their website, saw the dream job of Account Manager looking after their Motorsport connections.

Does everyone know the God and 1 iron reference? Lee Trevino was playing golf and a thunderstorm started, everyone sheltered under trees worried about lightning strikes, Lee Trevino walked down the fairway holding 1 iron saying, 'not even God can hit a 1 iron'.

I require prescription sunglasses, and I am on the look out for a new pair. My current pair are an inexpensive pair from Vision Express but I usually prefer Raybans. However, I am considering Finlay, Oliver Goldsmith and Persol. I don't play golf...

I'm curious - why arent polarised lenses not suitable for use while driving?

Likewise curious.

I always drive using polarised lens. In the rain, fog or mist they remove all the reflected light from the water droplets. I've always used polarising lens on the ships as well.

My glasses of choice have been the same pair of Oakleys for the past 15+ years. Superb And I'd be lost without them.

Also have a pair of Police my wife bought by mistake. May be not the last word in sunglasses, but shit, they look good.

Others I rate from my past are Killer Loops and Dirty Dogs.

Mirrored? No chance

Wow. I had no idea they were bought out. I used to live close to their main office in Florida and always had nothing but spectacular customer service from them. I’m disappointed to read this. They still are spectacular glasses though… corporate BS aside.. If Luxotica is doing this with Costa, they probably do it with Oakleys and Ray-Bans since those brands are owned by them as well…
I haven’t seen any mirror sunglasses in years I guess they are thing of the past

I remember owning a pair of mirrored sunglasses when I was a teenager. I hardly ever wore them, because people thought that I was a bit of a poser. They used to say that I looked like a less-fashionable cross between Tom Cruise in Top Gun and Arnie in Terminator 2. In the end, I got fed-up of people taking the piss, and threw them in the bin. I admit that I did look a bit of a prat, but I certainly wasn't trying to copy anyone. It was just pure coincidence that I had a pair of them at around the same time that those two films were popular. Mirror shades were "in" at the time.

I haven’t seen any mirror sunglasses in years I guess they are thing of the past
Depends on your interests. If you like fishing or winter sports, you are more likely to see them.
This is similar to a pair I wear often when I go fishing. The lenses are green mirror and they are polarised. I have tested them against Maui glasses and the polarisation of Costa glasses is superior. The colours are much more vibrant.
62D2AE7B-F0D7-41D7-B683-BAF2635FA2FD.jpeg

I require prescription sunglasses, and I am on the look out for a new pair. My current pair are an inexpensive pair from Vision Express but I usually prefer Raybans. However, I am considering Finlay, Oliver Goldsmith and Persol. I don't play golf...
I popped into the Ray-Ban store in London's Covent Garden and decided on the Hawkeye. On the way home I ordered them from Opticians Direct, saving £63.00 on the frames. The prescription cost is roughly the going rate. This is my first online spectacle order, so hopefully it will work out.

fancybox_0RB2298__901_31.jpg

I remember owning a pair of mirrored sunglasses when I was a teenager. I hardly ever wore them, because people thought that I was a bit of a poser. They used to say that I looked like a less-fashionable cross between Tom Cruise in Top Gun and Arnie in Terminator 2. In the end, I got fed-up of people taking the piss, and threw them in the bin. I admit that I did look a bit of a prat, but I certainly wasn't trying to copy anyone. It was just pure coincidence that I had a pair of them at around the same time that those two films were popular. Mirror shades were "in" at the time.
You never know you look a prat untill someone tells you! Much the same happened to me with black leather trousers! :cool:

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom