Sunglasses!

Can anyone recommend any sunglasses?
I wear prescription ones for driving, which are polarised but the main / only feature I am looking for is mirrored lenses.

The ones I've seen, even "mirror lenses" don't appear to be that mirrored.

Is there something I should specifically search for or other features I should think about?

I had some mirror aviator style glasses many years ago for skiing but people said they found it off putting not being able to see where I was looking when I was talking to them. I kinda liked them at the time but you don't see them for sale as much now, not sure if that's anything to do with it though. Only these iridium style sports ones, typically your Oakleys as mentioned above.

My favourite lenses for sunnies are brown tint because it makes me feel like it's warmer and golden, and I like polarised for glare reduction. The brown tint probably gives poor colour fidelity but it lifts my mood.

I was tempted to check out CdM after the recommendation above, to complement my Serengetis. Unfortunately the first Google hit I got was this sad tale of corporate greed from someone who used to love their Costas.

I was tempted to check out CdM after the recommendation above, to complement my Serengetis. Unfortunately the first Google hit I got was this sad tale of corporate greed from someone who used to love their Costas.

Wow. I had no idea they were bought out. I used to live close to their main office in Florida and always had nothing but spectacular customer service from them. I’m disappointed to read this. They still are spectacular glasses though… corporate BS aside.. If Luxotica is doing this with Costa, they probably do it with Oakleys and Ray-Bans since those brands are owned by them as well…

Back
Top Bottom