Straight Razor Shave of the Day

Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
An enjoyable shave with this hefty razor refreshed again on the LaLune with oil. The edge feels softer and crispier...some improvement I guess. I will put this razor through the diamond balsa next to see any difference. Managed bbs-ccs finish in 3 passes with 1 red spot today...
20221218_200607.jpg

How do you like the signature soaps? I bought one (second hand) from a member here, but really, not terribly convinced. It's supposed to be 'lime' but... doesn't really register...
Performance wise I think it's excellent, especially with the soft plisoft brush. But I know what you mean about the scent, I think it's very 'natural' which I'm not used to..

Filarmonica 13 Novodur Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Unscented Preshave
Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents Splash
Henri et Victoria Cognaw & Cuban Cigars Balm

Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 26mm Silvertip Brush
CDD35377-2F45-4027-83BE-38E51D06AF48.jpeg2C647BD2-182E-44B3-994F-C44D13056C2A.jpeg468C5D47-0F61-45FF-99F0-D05222F348AD.jpeg

Sun 25 Merry Christmas to all TSR members who are celebrating the festive season! I wish you all happiness, health, and success (in anything shaving related)
Razor
P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Today's shave with this razor feels buttery smooth after combining LaLune + 0.1um balsa. The edge felt even better in 3 excellent passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20221225_100428.jpg

Two Bengall today. One on the small Escher, the other one on the 'new' Arkansas I got from eBay. Small Thungarian wins so far, but well, I'm not fully sure how to use the new stone just yet so, needs to be revisited.

View attachment 97823
Very nice twin Bengals!! I've tried but always failed to acquire a Bengal razor. It is nice to have various natural stones...I am now very interested in them. I would love to see both of your Esher and Ark...if you can show them here...

Very nice twin Bengals!! I've tried but always failed to acquire a Bengal razor. It is nice to have various natural stones...I am now very interested in them. I would love to see both of your Esher and Ark...if you can show them here...

Here goes! The Escher/Thungarian is quite small. Works pretty well for these razors, but I'd struggle with my bigger razors I think (8/8, 10/8 etc) but I've been very happy with the edges I got.
The Arkansas is new to me. I did that first test and was not totally convinced, but I've now re-done the edge and spent quite a bit more time on the Arkansas -- it's a very hard stone I don't think I should expect it to cut as quickly as the small black one (which is very fast, 20 passes are largely enough to get a nice edge with it!) -- so I did maybe 100 passes on the Ark and we shall see a bit later if this was the ticket :)

1671953527133.png

Back
Top Bottom