Straight Razor Shave of the Day

Wednesday 27th October

AM-JKLU8CLApggxMXfE20uh3jkIfOzMLS8vPcqYmpn_uR_SGmmmc5FjnjqtE0_9KXo2Ea2n2ZkfsvhidvSSj19Aa6vkaD6OMsJtbJpCqmvVUJTP8PVVz___-No7hvGz61XpR0DLcDks26LPvwVF7ocJQB-gerg=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Imperial Leather Shaving Bowl (Vintage)
Mohawk 5-341 w/PurTech Synthetic 22mm
Microtome Kamisori
Imperial Leather Aftershave (Vintage)

Rob's original post on how he converted the microtome blade into the razor above:

Isn't a microtome the thing they used to use for taking skin grafts?! It never ceases to amaze me what blades come through Rob. I keep my eye out for stuff he's selling, still kicking myself for not snagging the Victorian Sheffield pair of razors he had due to only having the wherewithal for one. Obviously I wasn't going to ask him to split the pair.

Andrea Niotto kamisori this morning. I must have caught the toe of this razor when I first bought it, so I honed it yesterday going from the 1k to the 30k. Its reasonably sharp but not particularly smooth, so more work needed I think. I must admit I prefer the old Sheffield steel to this modern carbon steel..

uD1No5z.jpg

Oct. 30, 2021 - The straight is out again

Been a while since the straight was out - having some chill time today I've decided to have a go at it with RigaRazor. 2 Passes for DFS.

Angle game was good, without much issues - nice and smooth.

The only issue is that I think for ATG I'm overstretching and it's causing some micro weepers. Not a huge amount but 4-5 or so, mainly on sides of the chin where I tend to stretch quite a bit and my growth is the thickest. Lather was good so that shouldn't have been an issue... Will play around and see in other shaves.

20 laps on Linen side of the strop, and 80 on the leather should see me to another good shave. Maybe tomorrow will reach for it too... who knows.

Back
Top Bottom