SOTD w/c Sat 5th May - Fri 11th May ...

RE: SOTD w/c Sat 5th May - Fri 12th May ...

Dipesh said:
Razor: Weber DLC bulldog
Blade: 7 o'clock green Russian
Brush: Chubby 2 best
Cream: TOBS almond

Turned out to be a warm day today so I should have had a splash instead of a balm.

Weber is rather nice and is finally making these 7 o'clock greens work for me. We shall see what the razor is like when I switch to another, sharper blade. So far so good.

Sharper the better with the Weber Dipesh, Indian Blacks and Super Thins work great. Even with the sharp blades I feel it would be difficult to cut myself or get irritation. The Weber is the most smooth, comfortable best shave I have ever had and virtually no irritation.

SOTD w/c Sat 5th May - Fri 12th May ...

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Dipesh said:
Razor: Weber DLC bulldog
Blade: 7 o'clock green Russian
Brush: Chubby 2 best
Cream: TOBS almond

Turned out to be a warm day today so I should have had a splash instead of a balm.

Weber is rather nice and is finally making these 7 o'clock greens work for me. We shall see what the razor is like when I switch to another, sharper blade. So far so good.

Sharper the better with the Weber Dipesh, Indian Blacks and Super Thins work great. Even with the sharp blades I feel it would be difficult to cut myself or get irritation. The Weber is the most smooth, comfortable best shave I have ever had and virtually no irritation.

I only have 3 Indian blacks left! I think I'll be using one with the weber though. So far it's been a great shaver.

Tall_Paul said:
I don't know about you Martin, but my Weber ape is currently going ballistic!

Pardon me, but I have no idea what you mean,

Ok, maybe I have a hunch.

Bad as the Weber monkey's chirping at me is, things could be worse. I feel blessed not to be under the influence of kindly old and helpful Uncle Mikey. Yeah, straights and coffee is his game, and he's got the pitch down perfectly. Never in a hurry to help his friends (land his victim)....he lets em swallow the damn hook before pulling back hard to set it firmly. After that, he can reel you in at his leisure. Oh, no offense meant of course.

Whew, I dodged an expensive bullet with that guy, Nothin but love Mikey.

Dodgy

ChopperHarris said:
Bechet45 said:
An historic theme

A DFS with a 95 year old razor and a great sense of peace and calm.​

I was wondering who picked up Rod's special brush (I probably could have whittled it down to small list including you, though!) - I think it's a great purchase. The stand works really well with it too.

Rod made the stand for me especially to match the brush - tapered and with the shine knocked back (a very fine abrasive).

Sunday

Muhle R41
Feather Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
MWF
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Not a bloodbath, by any means, but not a combination that I'll be repeating too often.

Ian

Boots Botanic face scrub
D R Harris almond shaving cream
E J Synthetic bristle
E J Chatsworth Barley razor
Dorco 301/Superdrug blade
BS Maca root razor relief

I'm looking forward to a shave free day tomorrow.

Shower
Merkur 39C
Bolzano Balade (# 2)
Semogue 1250
SWK Scuttle XL
MDC Wooden Bowl
Floid Suave

dodgy said:
Bad as the Weber monkey's chirping at me is, things could be worse. I feel blessed not to be under the influence of kindly old and helpful Uncle Mikey. Yeah, straights and coffee is his game, and he's got the pitch down perfectly. Never in a hurry to help his friends (land his victim)....he lets em swallow the damn hook before pulling back hard to set it firmly. After that, he can reel you in at his leisure. Oh, no offense meant of course.

Whew, I dodged an expensive bullet with that guy, Nothin but love Mikey.

Dodgy

Cheers Martin, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm feeling the love and appreciate it (and I feel the same about you, Dr D - and if we where more than two, we could do the group hug thingy too)! :D

It's nice to have you "back" K, how long's your holiday this time?

Quick wash with shea butter soap, cold rince
Merkur 37c (vintage Wilkie)
M&F blonde badger
La Toja stick
La Toja AS
La Toja ASB

Good stuff, nice and clean. Wish their ASB smelled more like the stick, not like Nivea balm.

Monday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

The DE89 has sat, unused, for a while. I have no idea why. Same applies to the Cade soap.

Ian

Monday

Fatboy on 6,5,4 with Feather blade with one and a quarter shaves behind it.
EJ pure badger
TOBS avocado cream
RSC balm
Ogallala bay rum limes & peppercorns

Hadn't shaved since Friday. I'm in increasingly urgent need of a haircut at the moment. The lack of a shave since Friday had been rather in keeping - I had a nice Grizzly Adams look coming together. The mountain man hairdo and the smoothly shaved face look somewhat incongruous in comparison!

Warm Flannel
Ikon S3S with a personna in it
New Forest tubby no 1 24mm two band in Tigris Perla
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad cream
Clinique Post-Shave Soother Beard Control Formula
Penhaligons Opus 1870

Picked up the S3S head on Saturday and made a right mess of my face with it then - Last nights shave was infinity better.

Monday shave:

2ps0z9x.jpg

Ogallala Bay Rum Limes&Peppercorns shaving stick + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Rotbart 15 wotj Gillette Platinum + GBellini Ebony (Lidl) lotion with Proraso balm

Today I have tested this Ogallala soap: it smells very well, like limes&rum but it seemed me a very average soap, not hydrating definitely... a shame! I'll use several times more before getting a veredict anyway.

And after many days using different Techs I still believe that this Rotbart is the best closed comb razor I have tested: as smooth as a Tech but it shaves much better without irritation! I think that this head design is far better than Merkur and Muhle/E&J closed comb designs and this razor is from 1930's!!! Why didn't they "copy" it?

Cheers!

Dove soap/ hot face cloth prep
Rolls Razor with the no 2 blade ,nice to see its back to full shaving condition again:heart:
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream
Kent BK2 brush
1 Drop of E-oil in shave cream
Geo.F.Trumper sandlewood skin food to finish
This hard water is playing havoc with my straght razor antics,more so with the Rolls Razor that gard is very good but makes cleaning a pain in the arse! How ever I ain't goner throw in the towl because of the naff H2o, I have a blade with out a gard :icon_evil: you ain't scarin me and you ain't stopping me!:icon_cheesygrin:

Back
Top Bottom