SOTD w/c Sat 5th May - Fri 11th May ...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, 2201 extra stuffed
Razor: Feather RG with pro blade
Soap: Cassis Tea Tree + Lavender
AS: Ogallala, L&P
Strops: None :D
Result: Uberclean :D

Result! If I where a pro shaver I would like to have one of these ... One tiny thing though, besides the soul and heart part, it feels like it's a little toe heavy, so I've to compensate slightly for that, when shaving.
0341024x773.jpg

.. and my coffee for cappu:
035700x498.jpg

mlmoraes01 said:

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather(17)
Brush: Semogue 210
Cream: Cella All'Olio di Mandorla
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: Gel SR N Natura

100520121212.jpg

17 shaves from Feather blade? WOW! How do you keep a DE blade going for so many shaves?

Friday

EverReady 1912
Gem SS blade (2)
Vulfix Pure Badger
I Coloniali Shaving Soap
E45
Speick AS Lotion

Excellent shave now experimenting with a lower angle of attack; less sound from the blade but not as aggressive in performance.

Brush Vulfix Bodger
Cream TOBS St James
Blade Feather (3rd shave)
Razor Merkur Progress Long Handle

I have been experimenting with adjustable settings recently and wanted to share todays experience. I have a sensitive area at the bottom of my neck and usually if I go near it with a Feather blade it goes red, however when shaving today I did a 3 pass shave; WTG, XTG, ATG, but on each occasion I shaved most of my face on 3, and then changed to 1 for the sensitive area. The result was superb, no irritation whatsoever, just when I thought Feathers and I would never be friends.

Have a great weekend all.
Norky

Re: RE: SOTD w/c Sat 5th May - Fri 11th May ...

Mikael said:
I hope it's nothing serious John! Do you wipe the blade when you're all finished or between passes (on the skin)? I wipe it on a towel after my shaves (and sometimes in between passes :icon_rolleyes:).

Seconded.

I experimented for a while with wiping the blade between strokes rather than rinsing, either on a towel or a sponge or the back of my hands. I have a lovely cut on the back of one hand from forgetting not to draw across... still hasn't disappeared after some weeks now.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (11)
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Soap: D R Harris almond
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

Cracking shave. Cologne got complimented by several people today :).

Shower, cold shower
Cold water prep
Proraso pre/post
Speick lavender shaving cream
M&F Blonde badger
Weber ARC razor, Astra Keramik
La Toja splash
Speick ASB

Very nice BBS shave. I must admit - it is a good and smooth shaver with a pleasant heft. Certainly going to replace my slant for a while (until the Hoffritz arrives ;)). Also, Speick is an exceptional cream, can't get enough of it.

Dr Rick said:
Mikael said:
I hope it's nothing serious John! Do you wipe the blade when you're all finished or between passes (on the skin)? I wipe it on a towel after my shaves (and sometimes in between passes :icon_rolleyes:).

Seconded.

I experimented for a while with wiping the blade between strokes rather than rinsing, either on a towel or a sponge or the back of my hands. I have a lovely cut on the back of one hand from forgetting not to draw across... still hasn't disappeared after some weeks now.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (11)
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Soap: D R Harris almond
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

Cracking shave. Cologne got complimented by several people today :).

So I am in the same club as you then:icon_lol:

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather(18)
Brush: Callega Ironwood Cegadede Silvertip 26mm
Cream: Gillette Piel Sensible
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: Affair

110520121231.jpg

Have a nice Weekend everyone!

Mikael said:
I'm posting the SOTD thread now, but haven't shaved yet (on my way right now)... I'll get back with details later, but I did a quick sketch, of my set up this morning, what you think? ;)
0111024x683.jpg

Feather RG (and professionals)/Simpson Chubby 2/Vulfix luxury English Rose cream/Dr Harris Sandalwood AS/Neil Miller strops

Fantastic clean and close shave (Uberclean :D), this razor's all about clinic and function, even though I find it a little empty on "heart", but I'll keep it and shave with it now and then with pleasure, anyway - it's a damned fine shaver!
Your art work is great more please

... and (of course):
006700x4932.jpg

Back
Top Bottom