SOTD w/c Sat 14th - Fri 20th incl.

MisterG said:
Razor: Merkur 34C (first time!!!!)
Blade: Yellow 7 o'clock

Is it just me or is this a lot more slicy than the Jagger 89? I have lots of nicks across the angle changes

Yes. Sharp blade, and a great razor to use with it, it's one of the most efficient hair removal combinations. Just takes a few goes to get used to it, (different angle, slightly) and yes it's not as mild as a Jagger. Make sure you shave with no pressure, the weight of that razor does all the work for you. Hard pressure equals cuts. 2 passes is usually plenty.

Friday:

Travel brush by TOBS
Truefitt and Hill lavender cream
Merkur 34C HD
7 o'clock green SS (3)
T+H 1805 cologne

A rare third use of a blade for this callsign, not bad but I wouldn't take it further. Overall, clean and fresh. Nice.

Friday

Hot shower
Proraso pre/post
TOBS Sandalwood Soap
Muhle R41
Feather (3)
Alum & Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla

Off work today so went for the full BBS shave rather than the daily DFS. Great results with this razor and blade combo, really easy BBS with minimal touch up.

Hadn't used the TOBS soap for a while as I have others I prefer so it was nice to have a change.

Only problem with the shave was that I caught a mole near my Adam's apple, bled like a good 'un.

Yesterday evening:

Prep:
quick shower
St James of London pre-shave oil (Mandarin & Patchouli)

Shave:
Vie Long professional horsehair
DE Harris Arlington
Fatboy (3) / Personna platinum (1)

Paco Rabanne AS
Simple Derma intensive relief cream

Good enough for a daily shave. Nothing special.

Godrej Lemon / Omega Pro 48 / Merkur 1904 / Personna Red / PEREJA / Alum RazoRook
132706347731.jpg

P1020989.jpg

Kimson 25 mm bone handled brush
BRW's bronze fluted handle with a Gillette Tech Head - Derby blade
Palmolive soap (melmac sugar bowls from the 1950's make great soap dishes)
Clubman AS

Friday:
Usual Fusion / Proraso / Noxzema / Alcolado shave.
In this weather it's like a million icy knives on my face when I step out the door.
In a good way.

Shipwrecked said:
Dinatali said:
Godrej Lemon / Omega Pro 48 / Merkur 1904 / Personna Red / PEREJA / Alum RazoRook
132706347731.jpg

Where could I get a bottle of “PEREJA” I have been trying to source a bottle for quite sometime to no avail?
Jim

i buy it from our local market , but here http://kogtrade.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=69 link may be help you

Dinatali said:
Shipwrecked said:
Dinatali said:
132706347731.jpg

Where could I get a bottle of “PEREJA” I have been trying to source a bottle for quite sometime to no avail?
Jim

i buy it from our local market , but here http://kogtrade.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=69 link may be help you
Cheers!

Canuck said:
Yes. Sharp blade, and a great razor to use with it, it's one of the most efficient hair removal combinations. Just takes a few goes to get used to it, (different angle, slightly) and yes it's not as mild as a Jagger.

Thanks (and Dr Rick too)
I'll save the Slicer for times when I've plenty of time and I'm more awake. The Jaggeris a lot more forgiving, but I might treat it to the same blades next change over... just to compare, of course :)

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (5)
Cream: Taylor's Lemon and Lime
Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13070
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, Sandalwood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood
Result: Meh.

The brush is going back on the shelf for a while. Soaked it for a long time, loaded for quite a while on a very friendly cream, and still had nothing for the last half pass. It really does remind me of the Body Shop synthetic, though it is much nicer on the face.

Nice and close, and I didn't notice any damage at the time, but the inside of my collar is showing (a tiny spot of) blood on both sides. Not that surprising, given the state of the lather. Hey ho.

L'Oreal face scrub
Omega Syntex white synthetic bristle shaving brush
Erasmic chamomile shaving cream
Merkur 25C open comb
Feather blade
Real Shaving Co. shaving balm.

I had been using the Men U boar brush for a short while, but I find it too absorbant. With the Omega syntex brush I only need a small amount of cream, and that is more than enough for 3 passes.

Fido said:
RideTheBlade said:
Merkur 38C PIF from IanM
Astra Superior Platinum Blade
EJ Super Badger Brush
Trumpers Almond Cream
St James of London Mandarin and Patchouli post shave Gel

This was my first shave with the Merkur 38C and must say it was my best shave ever.
This Razor is great and I feel mega lucky to have got it.

Ray

And it should last a lifetime!

The Mandarin And Patchouli post shave gel is what I got my 76 year old father for Christmas.

Friday Night

Edwin Jagger DE89 with a Wilkinson Sword Blade
Nanny's Sandalwood Soft Soap
Omega Boar
Blend of Boots Freshwood balm with witch hazel and Azzaro

No picture tonight, had a tough kickboxing class and just wanted a soak in the bath and though I would have a shave while doing so.

I've never used a straight in the bath, preferring a safety razor on such occasions. The shave was great and conducted by touch, the balm at the end making up for any mistakes due to tired limbs.

I really enjoyed the class tonight and we had a great sparring session at the end. Those that are happy to, hit hard enough that you want to avoid getting but not full power. The last round of the night I was up against one of our better fighters, although I managed to hold my own most of the round I was caught with a couple of excellent punches either of which would have dropped me, had they been full power. A great learning experience and nothing teaches you to keep a tight guard better than taking a few taps when you don't!

Back
Top Bottom