SOTD w/c Sat 10 Mar - Fri 16 Mar

This evening:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (14)
Soap: Prof Blighty's peppermint
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone 26mm super silvertip badger
Aftershave Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Result: very comfortable but not quite as close as usual

Soap felt and smelled good, lovely smell to the aftershave too. Blade might be past its best, though just a little less close than usual (albeit quite acceptable).

Shower.

Prep: Groomed face scrub
Cream: A mix of what is left of the Erasmic New Improved Chamomile/St James Of London
Brush: Edwin Jagger Synthetic
Razor: EJ Chatsworth Barley
Blade: Gillette Superthin
Balm: The Real Shaving Co.

I am sticking to 2 passes, 1 WTG, 1 XTG. Nice smooth shave. I have about 2 or 3 weeks left of the cream. I mixed together what I had left and the result is a slightly aromatic cream. Once that's finished I'll be onto some EJ stuff I ordered last month.

Hot Shower
Proraso Pre Shaving Cream
Merkur 45 Bakelite
Feather blade
Semogue 2000
Schwarzweisskeramik XL
Proraso Green Soap
Proraso lotion

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft horn handle and Abalone in base, with Simpson 22 mm Super knot
Razor: Boker, Griplus
Soap: Santé Provence
AS/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean

... and some:

Sunday

Muhle R41
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Sunday

Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna cream
Muhle R89
Gillette 7 o'clock green
Witch Hazel
Prof. Blighty's Green Ginger
Nivea ASB

Another great shave this morning. Thought I'd give the Super Stainless another go this morning, I'm pleased I did.

Sunday

Razor: Ikon OSS
Blade: Lord Super Stainless
Brush: Le Tuft Beehive
Soap: Nannys soapy one

Fantastic shave. This blade was a surprise. It's very comfortable but in the OSS it isn't sharp enough for my likings. If I stuck this in the the Futur or the Mer, it would be a lovely blade. Also got the beehive out after a while, this brush is just perfect. It's my preferences exactly.

BBS and zero sting from the AS

Sunday
Vergulde Hand stick with Omega pro 49
Klar Kabinett with Omega 40652
Restored Kropp straight (smaller one)
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream

Had to switch to the Krop as the Ninja Solingen no longer cuts.

Hot flannels
Proraso pre
Trufitt and Hill Lavender / Kent BK2
Gillette Adjustable + Crystal Super Platinum (first use)
Alum
Prorase pre (but post)

This is the first real success I've had with the T&H creams - finally got a proper lather. Very pleased with that part of it.
I've had a very close shave, but over the last couple of shaves I've started to get some nasty irritation - part of my jawline is puffy and has red lumps on it. No sign of ingrowing hairs, but definitely irritated and not what I'm looking for.

I guess I'll have to ease off on the number of passes I'm making and thus the desire for a truly smooth shave. Better to be a little stubbly but without irritation.

-- Edit --
Have now added some Boots No. 7 Post Shave Recovery Balm - my face received it gratefully!

Today, portuguese shave

Pre Santa Maria Novella Dopobarba + Veleiro shave cream + Semogue 1335 + Merkur 37c Slant with Iridium Super #3 + Thayers Lavender + Veleiro after shave lotion with Speick balm

A really fresh shave! I love Veleiro products fragance and this Semogue it's a small great boar brush, firm but with soft tips. Few brushes will do a better service for only a few bucks like this, hehe

Gillette Rocket HD
Permasharp (gold packet), second use
Proraso pre-shave cream
St. James Founders Reserve cedarwood and clarysage cream
Pro. Blighty's lime universal balsalm

Superb first pass and enjoyed the one pre-shaving cream coating of Proraso pre-shave cream. Second pass struggled to get the usual problem areas but rest of face very close and no soreness at all.