SOTD w/c Sat 10 Mar - Fri 16 Mar

I'm kicking off this week's thread as I have had terrible flu for the past few days which has gradually lessened to the point where I'm now able to get on with most things. However, the frequent daytime naps and inconsistent night sleep patterns have left my bodyclock wanting lunch about now. After one hour's sleep about two hours ago I decided to get up and have a shave.
Gillette Super Adjustable on 4 with Astra SP
Vitos almond soap
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balm - cedarwood and clarysage

Decent shave. Hopefully with a shaving fix I can finally get some kip!

Edwin Jagger DE87
Astra SP (2)
Nanny's Ice and a Slice Soap
Unbranded Badger Brush
Aqua Velva Blue Ice A/S
Boss Bottled EDT

Nice shave today. Off to the football at Upton Park followed by dinner and drinks in North London.

Saturday

Proraso Pre/post - almost run out of this, time to go shopping
Real Shaving Co. cream
Muhle R89
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (3)
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger
Real Shaving Co. ASB

Lovely shave this morning, nice and smooth. Topped off by the Green Ginger, smells great.

Have a good weekend gents!

Saturday

Muhle R41
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Did some ATG on my neck. WOW! Feels like the razor is really working hard, but the result is smooth and irritation free. I think I'm becoming an R41 fan!

Ian

Pre Geo F. Trumper Skinfood Sandalwood + Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood shaving cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + Rotbart 15 with Crystal #3 + Thayers Lavender + Geo F. Trumper Skinfood Sandalwood with bálsamo The Real Shaving cream

Today I have used for the first time this cream! As other Trumpers, is a good cream (although I think that Coconut version is the best) but the smell is... something more "smoky" than sandal.

Skinfood smells far better, and it's an all-in-one excellent!

Cheers!

Saturday

white proraso pre post
neo custom 2 band
Proraso Soap ( green)
EJ bull mastiff + super personna (2)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 3 passes, smooth and irritation free. Winner!

Saturday, 10.III.2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Semogue 1520
Tabac
Edwin jagger DE89 Barley
Supermax Blue Diamond
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Dopobarba di Camaldoli

P1050765.jpg

Saturday

Merkur 34C
Astra SS
Semogue 2015
Cella
Thayers Superhazel
Vifrex Dopobraba

Creed Bois du Portugal

Right I'm done with these Astra SS Blades. Got quite a bit of irritation when previously having excellent results with the same setup (different blade of course). Also the amount of glue on the blades is unreal. Back to Shark and Supermax I think.

The only other thing it could be is that I'm still face lathering instead of mug lathering but I don't think that's likely.......

Hell I'm smelling good though.

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ Badger
RSC Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage and Cedar Splash
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

Excellend head and face shave....lovely day....football and maybe a tasty real ale!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Polo 14
Razor: V C Heljestrand no 9½ + a Gillette Popular for the head
Superlather: Cella + Irish Moos cream
AS: Mennen, SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Bowlingball clean (no joke :))

This gigantic brush's extremely nice, if you don't mind a lot of lather all over the place and the Helje's a top notch shaver (and very, very sharp - you can tap a hair off on it). May you All have great shaves this weekend!
001800x558.jpg

... and a cappu (I'll work on my micro foam):
013800x633.jpg

Saturday
Vergulde Hand stick with Omega pro 49
Klar Kabinett with Omega 40652
Restored Hero straight
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream

muhle r41
polsilver blade
simpsons berkeley best badger
floris elite shaving soap
prof blightys red ginger

getting the hang of the r41, a wonderful razor, a smooth and close shave. downside, i think i may have a reaction to one of the oils in the red ginger AS, it stung like crazy....a shame, as it smells really nice and my skin feels good with it too.

SATURDAY. 10/3/12.

razor ikon oss.
blade derby.
brush rod neep cigar band silvertip 24 knot./A Big thanks to alexander for selling me this fab brush.
soap palmolive cream.
pree shave vitos menthol.
post shave vitos balm/moisturiser.
colonge perejs citrus.

firstly my newley bought neep brush from alexander of the sight a super brush made tons of larther and the silvertip was like a velvet glove on my face i really liked it a lot.al the rest of my goodys i use from time to time and ar in my rotation .also the ikon oss is fairly new and is first class.a super all round shave.

SATURDAY MORNING

Joris Horn OC
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
New Forest 2221
Tabac stick
Witch hazel
Trumper lime skin food
Prof B ginger AS

After a few goes with the R41, I thought I'd tackle the Joris again and give it another chance.

Wow, what a shave. Best I've had for a while. Really, really smooth and not one nick.

I might have to rethink flogging it now.

Back
Top Bottom