SOTD w/c Sat 10 Mar - Fri 16 Mar

This evening:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (14)
Soap: Prof Blighty's peppermint
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone 26mm super silvertip badger
Aftershave Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Result: very comfortable but not quite as close as usual

Soap felt and smelled good, lovely smell to the aftershave too. Blade might be past its best, though just a little less close than usual (albeit quite acceptable).

Shower.

Prep: Groomed face scrub
Cream: A mix of what is left of the Erasmic New Improved Chamomile/St James Of London
Brush: Edwin Jagger Synthetic
Razor: EJ Chatsworth Barley
Blade: Gillette Superthin
Balm: The Real Shaving Co.

I am sticking to 2 passes, 1 WTG, 1 XTG. Nice smooth shave. I have about 2 or 3 weeks left of the cream. I mixed together what I had left and the result is a slightly aromatic cream. Once that's finished I'll be onto some EJ stuff I ordered last month.

Hot Shower
Proraso Pre Shaving Cream
Merkur 45 Bakelite
Feather blade
Semogue 2000
Schwarzweisskeramik XL
Proraso Green Soap
Proraso lotion

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft horn handle and Abalone in base, with Simpson 22 mm Super knot
Razor: Boker, Griplus
Soap: Santé Provence
AS/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

003800x565.jpg

... and some:
008700x412.jpg

Sunday

Muhle R41
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Sunday

Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna cream
Muhle R89
Gillette 7 o'clock green
Witch Hazel
Prof. Blighty's Green Ginger
Nivea ASB

Another great shave this morning. Thought I'd give the Super Stainless another go this morning, I'm pleased I did.

Sunday

Razor: Ikon OSS
Blade: Lord Super Stainless
Brush: Le Tuft Beehive
Soap: Nannys soapy one

Fantastic shave. This blade was a surprise. It's very comfortable but in the OSS it isn't sharp enough for my likings. If I stuck this in the the Futur or the Mer, it would be a lovely blade. Also got the beehive out after a while, this brush is just perfect. It's my preferences exactly.

BBS and zero sting from the AS :) :) :)

Sunday
Vergulde Hand stick with Omega pro 49
Klar Kabinett with Omega 40652
Restored Kropp straight (smaller one)
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream

Had to switch to the Krop as the Ninja Solingen no longer cuts.

Hot flannels
Proraso pre
Trufitt and Hill Lavender / Kent BK2
Gillette Adjustable + Crystal Super Platinum (first use)
Alum
Prorase pre (but post)

This is the first real success I've had with the T&H creams - finally got a proper lather. Very pleased with that part of it.
I've had a very close shave, but over the last couple of shaves I've started to get some nasty irritation - part of my jawline is puffy and has red lumps on it. No sign of ingrowing hairs, but definitely irritated and not what I'm looking for.

I guess I'll have to ease off on the number of passes I'm making and thus the desire for a truly smooth shave. Better to be a little stubbly but without irritation.

-- Edit --
Have now added some Boots No. 7 Post Shave Recovery Balm - my face received it gratefully!

Today, portuguese shave :cool:

Pre Santa Maria Novella Dopobarba + Veleiro shave cream + Semogue 1335 + Merkur 37c Slant with Iridium Super #3 + Thayers Lavender + Veleiro after shave lotion with Speick balm

A really fresh shave! I love Veleiro products fragance and this Semogue it's a small great boar brush, firm but with soft tips. Few brushes will do a better service for only a few bucks like this, hehe

Gillette Rocket HD
Permasharp (gold packet), second use
Proraso pre-shave cream
St. James Founders Reserve cedarwood and clarysage cream
Pro. Blighty's lime universal balsalm

Superb first pass and enjoyed the one pre-shaving cream coating of Proraso pre-shave cream. Second pass struggled to get the usual problem areas but rest of face very close and no soreness at all.
jazz220.jpg

Back
Top Bottom