SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

It's been awhile since I did it so just going on poor memory but yes I believe a ring the same as the progress.

Pulled apart to take a pic for you and.............Now to fight to get it back in and together......

......And after some fiddling, it's together again and looks better with the brass to me at least. Hope this helps ya !
Just to report back on this - I did manage to pull the bottom bit off ... although it took quite some force, which I certainly would be afraid to apply had I not seen your photos. The retainer ring on mine is rather strong, I wouldn't have thought it has so much outward springiness.
Thank you!
(And yea, brass looks better ;)

Just to report back on this - I did manage to pull the bottom bit off ... although it took quite some force, which I certainly would be afraid to apply had I not seen your photos. The retainer ring on mine is rather strong, I wouldn't have thought it has so much outward springiness.
Thank you!
(And yea, brass looks better ;)
Thanks and very happy I could help and you got yours removed as you wanted. It should be easier each time removed and as I said, the hardest part should be getting it back it at least with my fat fingers. Cheers

PS - I had the same apprehension you did about how tight it was (not wanting to break it) until Clouds told me to just pull it apart.

Last edited:
Monday January 30, 2023
Razor: 1910 Dandy Razor
Blade: Gem SS (Modified)
Brush: Vintage Bone & Cedar handle/Boti Badger
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: A&E NYC
Fragrance: PdP #63
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,547
e2hQqB7.jpg

8r9Sdyy.jpg

Mon 30
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 1st
Nice soap for good lather and scent qualities augmented by the matching splash.
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was very audible on each of the 3 passes. Smooth enough for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230130_132235.jpg

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Super Thin ( 1 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Cream = Simpsons Sandlewood with matching balm
Splash = Boots Freshwood
D6DE2114-C599-45A2-AE3E-A37B60B965B3.jpegAnother very good shave although i actually had it yesterday but forgot to post.
i’m now at the stage where i’m totally fed up using the same shite lol.
The Simpsons creams are ok ish but i would never dream of buying them again, saying that i never bought them in the first place it was the wife.
The performance is ok, the scent is ok and overall the product is ok and your getting my drift it’s ok, not bad in the slightest but just ok.
Did i mention the word ok enough :ROFLMAO:
I Love these simpsons T3’s however i brought 4 with me for whatever reason & they now are getting on my nerves.
My face is crying out for Boar or Badger if really is.
So as you all might gather i’m getting bored i need home although iv got another 4 weeks to go :cry:
i really need to get out more
sorry i mean stay in more as the lifestyle is really catching up on me.
plus the mosquitoes are taken a dislike to me but i can assure you the feeling is mutual.
Never Mind Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys & Girls.
Up The MWF
i need it in my life & i need it now

Mon 30th January

Cyril Salter.MS ED2band
L’Occitane Cade soap
ER 1912 Bathroom set
Gem S/S ( 4 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Seems that by missing Shaves my skin seems to be getting quite dry, so today did a follow up to yesterdays.Again had a good prewash with a glycerine based soap, and the L’Occitane provided a decent lather. The Shave was very comfortable with a reasonable finish, but more importantly the skin felt refreshed and not dry.

377BF5AA-104D-4EE8-A38E-3B5D7292C6A4.jpeg

Pushed my last blade too far (Astra SP, Tech, run 6). Then I found a tuck of Derby Extra that someone sent me to try, so I thought I'd give one a go in the Slim. Set the Slim to 5 which is my baseline from where I go up or down +/-2 generally.

I know there's nothing more YMMV than a blade, but these seem to have a so-so reputation, which is why they have been languishing in the box for a while. First use did little to dispel the reputation. In fairness, catching a mole isn't the blade's fault, and blades can often feel a bit rough on the first use. Early thoughts are 'meh' but I will persevere, though I doubt I'll use it more than 3x. I may grow to like them you never know, but I liked the Astra SP almost immediately so make of that what you will. The combination of Palmolive cream on the Phantom Aerolite supplied plenty of lather at 'Monday morning pace' ie to match the rush. A splash of Benjamin's just because the colour matched and I'm wfh anyway so I've only got the girlfriend's dog to impress! It's a decent splash imo but my ex was always unimpressed by the scent, not sure about Hotmetalette Mk2, but the longevity is such that if I want her opinion I'll need to reapply later.
20230130_085632.jpg

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Super Thin ( 1 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Cream = Simpsons Sandlewood with matching balm
Splash = Boots Freshwood
View attachment 99767Another very good shave although i actually had it yesterday but forgot to post.
i’m now at the stage where i’m totally fed up using the same shite lol.
The Simpsons creams are ok ish but i would never dream of buying them again, saying that i never bought them in the first place it was the wife.
The performance is ok, the scent is ok and overall the product is ok and your getting my drift it’s ok, not bad in the slightest but just ok.
Did i mention the word ok enough :ROFLMAO:
I Love these simpsons T3’s however i brought 4 with me for whatever reason & they now are getting on my nerves.
My face is crying out for Boar or Badger if really is.
So as you all might gather i’m getting bored i need home although iv got another 4 weeks to go :cry:
i really need to get out more
sorry i mean stay in more as the lifestyle is really catching up on me.
plus the mosquitoes are taken a dislike to me but i can assure you the feeling is mutual.
Never Mind Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys & Girls.
Up The MWF
i need it in my life & i need it now

Open your heart to the Fat, and you will be rewarded.

The Fat is with you my friend, as it has always been and will always will be.

I hope you are well Mike.

mijWns9.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Cella Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango is perfect for the hot Australian summer. Such a great soap and scent.
Wonderful edt T, I've run out and must buy some more!

Paul.

30 January, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: First Line Shave/ Black Mountain Shaving - Sutton Distilled (FLS3)

wonderful lather, wonderful scent, wonderful shave..

Back
Top Bottom